Re: [evworld] Teslamotors

  • Yodda Pierce
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      I went to the web site and found the same thing. The
      site had very little informtion, but near the bottom
      of the page there was something there that said
      "login." So I suspect there is more to the web site.
      MAybe try some friendly hacking and see where you end
      up. I'd sure like to see what they have to offer too.

      --- Lee Dekker <heprv@...> wrote:

      > Anybody know about this company? They are in Menlo
      > Park of all places. Menlo Park California that is.
      > Not exactly a hotbed of industry.
      >
      > Scant information on the web site and that's
      > apparently deliberate. They talk like they know what
      > they're talking about and appear legitimate. Whether
      > they intend to fake it or make it, who knows. Just
      > can't help the urge to scrutinize them.
      >
      > "On July 1, 2002, we set out to create a better
      > car for the world. Our vision was a car that
      > was energy efficient but also good looking and fun
      > to drive. We brought together a passionate
      > team of engineers and designers from the technology
      > and auto industries who are now hard at work
      > on our ambitious goal.
      > Our cars consume very little energy and
      > do not emit any pollutants. But unlike so many
      > environmentally friendly cars that have come along
      > before, our cars are beautifully styled,
      > thoughtfully built, and designed to make driving
      > fun. But great cars, and the companies that
      > build them, are not made overnight; and so we are
      > not yet ready to announce specifications or
      > delivery dates. As soon as we can tell more
      > about what we are doing, we will."
      >

      > http://www.teslamotors.com/

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Catbus
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        They appear to be doing something with electric vehicles, though the
        evidence is a bit oblique.
        For instance, there was an ad on Craig's List looking for a Mechanical
        Engineer that describes the company as "Tesla Motors
        (www.teslamotors.com) is a growing, aggressive, well-funded start-up
        in the San Francisco Bay Area that is making advanced electric
        vehicles, batteries, and drive systems a reality and working to change
        the future of the transportation industry."
        http://www.craigslist.org/pen/egr/129787138.html

        And someone from there is building 1000 amp buss bars:
        http://listserv.ipc.org/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0510&L=technet&D=1&T=0&F=&S=&P=41311

        Mike-

        --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, Yodda Pierce <ntsl532@...> wrote:

        > I went to the web site and found the same thing. The
        > site had very little informtion, but near the bottom
        > of the page there was something there that said
        > "login." So I suspect there is more to the web site.
        > MAybe try some friendly hacking and see where you end
        > up. I'd sure like to see what they have to offer too.
        >
        > --- Lee Dekker <heprv@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Anybody know about this company? They are in Menlo
        > > Park of all places. Menlo Park California that is.
        > > Not exactly a hotbed of industry.
        > >
        > > Scant information on the web site and that's
        > > apparently deliberate. They talk like they know what
        > > they're talking about and appear legitimate. Whether
        > > they intend to fake it or make it, who knows. Just
        > > can't help the urge to scrutinize them.
        > >
        > > "On July 1, 2002, we set out to create a better
        > > car for the world. Our vision was a car that
        > > was energy efficient but also good looking and fun
        > > to drive. We brought together a passionate
        > > team of engineers and designers from the technology
        > > and auto industries who are now hard at work
        > > on our ambitious goal.
        > > Our cars consume very little energy and
        > > do not emit any pollutants. But unlike so many
        > > environmentally friendly cars that have come along
        > > before, our cars are beautifully styled,
        > > thoughtfully built, and designed to make driving
        > > fun. But great cars, and the companies that
        > > build them, are not made overnight; and so we are
        > > not yet ready to announce specifications or
        > > delivery dates. As soon as we can tell more
        > > about what we are doing, we will."
        > >

        > > http://www.teslamotors.com/

        > > removed]

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Yodda Pierce
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi All,

          I just wanted to mention to you that I made contact
          with some of the senior energy policy legislative
          folks at the Sierra Club today based on comments from
          Marc and others. After some discussion with both of
          them they indicated that they were anxious to see my
          documentation that would show a decrease in greenhouse
          gas emissions from EVS over using IC cars. They
          indicated to me they felt hybrids and high fuel
          economy vehicles were preferred over electric cars.
          They explained that many coal power plants would need
          to be built if electric cars were produced on a large
          scale. I explained that much of this information was
          a myth and that actually EVs help electric utilities
          when the EVS are charging in the evening hours thereby
          helping them to offset reduced powerplant energy
          demand normally occurring at that time, and increases
          opperating efficiencies. And further, that even oil
          turbine powerplants have efficiencies of 3-4 times
          greater* than that of the gasoline engine we use in
          cars. Anyway, I can't tell you how many really
          intelligent engineers I have met have told me comments
          such as, "there is no free lunch, the fuel has to be
          burned somewhere" with regard to fuel efficiency
          between EVs and IC cars. Anyway, I will forward EV
          efficiency information like what Chip Gribben wrote
          on "EVs and Smokestacks" as well an my own independent
          research I conducted. I think most people, when
          presented with the evidence, will agree that using EVs
          are one of the best ways to reduce greenhouse gas
          emissions compared with using a IC car. But the Sierra
          Club seems more interested in greenhouse gasses than
          reducing reliance on oil. To me they go hand in hand.
          I am looking forward to constructive dialogue with
          the staff there and hopefully a turnaround on their
          current position regarding EVS.

          * As referenced by Duke Power Inc. current oil turbine
          generator efficiency.

          http://mail.yahoo.com