Re: [evworld] IdleAire sells notes, warrants; to build new ATEs

  • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2006
      And I want to start a company doing essentially the
      same thing for ships at port. Anyone got a few
      million $$ seed money?

      - Forbes

      - Forbes Bagatelle-Black
      Santa Clarita, CA

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Arcologic@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2006
        Come on, guys, put on your thinking caps.

        This company is going to put electrical outlets at truck stops on the freeways all over the country. Since the post, I talked to the head of R&D at the company. He and I were on the same wavelength.

        They are thinking about offering the service to charge electric cars!

        That means if you have an EV with the range to make the distance from one station to the next, you can travel all over the country in your EV. With fast charging capability, while the kids are taking a potty break, you are "refilling the car."

        What does this mean? Let your mind wander. Gasoline could become as popular as horseshoes. The pump island at the gas station will have a row of "pumps" that dispense electrical juice.

        You are witnessing history. This is the beginning.

        Ernie Rogers

        Forbes said,

> [...]

        > > Pilot Travel Centers - as well as sites owned by
        > smaller chains and
        > > independently owned travel centers.
        > >

        > > "We're excited to start the New Year with the
        > announcement of this next
        > > phase of growth that will make IdleAire's ATE
        > systems conveniently
        > > available
        > > to the nation's 1.3 million long-haul truck
        > drivers," Crabtree said.
        > > "With
        > > this network of locations, ATE equipped travel
        > centers will be easy to
        > > find
        > > and conveniently located. Thus fleets can reduce
        > fuel, maintenance,
        > > driver
        > > turnover and accident costs, with better rested
        > and more alert drivers
        > > behind the wheel."
        > >

        > > IdleAire already has agreements for drivers' use

      • Randy Scott
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2006
          --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, Forbes Bagatelle-Black
          <diarmaede@y...> wrote:

          > And I want to start a company doing essentially the
          > same thing for ships at port. Anyone got a few
          > million $$ seed money?
          >
          > - Forbes

          Is there really a need for that? When I was in the Navy we only used
          the diesel generators when underway or during general quarters - when
          tied up we were wired to "shore power".

          Randy
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2006
            Apparently there is a need in the Port of Los Angeles because they have already built or are now building such a system. A lot of energy is required to keep these ship's functioning while in Port. That energy is provided by burning petroleum fuels. The pollution emitted by these ships wafts directly towards Los Angeles and settles in that already very polluted basin.

            Randy Scott <rscott77070@...> wrote: --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, Forbes Bagatelle-Black

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 9, 2006
              You are exactly correct. If we could use grid energy
              to keep these ships functioning while in port, the
              pollution levels would go way down. That's what got
              me thinking down this path in the first place. Last I
              heard, there was no definite plan in place to make
              this happen. Do you have more recent information than
              I do? If so, do tell!

              Thanks,

              Forbes

              --- Lee Dekker <heprv@...> wrote:

              > Apparently there is a need in the Port of Los
              > Angeles because they have already built or are now
              > building such a system. A lot of energy is required
              > to keep these ship's functioning while in Port.
              > That energy is provided by burning petroleum fuels.
              > The pollution emitted by these ships wafts directly
              > towards Los Angeles and settles in that already
              > very polluted basin.
              >
              > Randy Scott <rscott77070@...> wrote:
              > --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, Forbes
              > Bagatelle-Black
              > <diarmaede@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > And I want to start a company doing essentially
              > the
              > > same thing for ships at port. Anyone got a few
              > > million $$ seed money?
              > >
              > > - Forbes
              > >

              > Is there really a need for that? When I was in the
              > Navy we only used
              > the diesel generators when underway or during
              > general quarters - when
              > tied up we were wired to "shore power".
              >
              > Randy

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              >

              > ---------------------------------

              > removed]

              Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              dsl.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 9, 2006
                No, I have no more new information than you. My recollection was that they were going ahead with the project. Considering snags and red tape, even a clear green light could end up taking quite a while to bring results.

                Forbes Bagatelle-Black <diarmaede@...> wrote: You are exactly correct. If we could use grid energy

                --- Lee Dekker <heprv@...> wrote:

                > Apparently there is a need in the Port of Los
                > Angeles because they have already built or are now
                > building such a system. A lot of energy is required
                > to keep these ship's functioning while in Port.
                > That energy is provided by burning petroleum fuels.
                > The pollution emitted by these ships wafts directly
                > towards Los Angeles and settles in that already
                > very polluted basin.
                >
                > Randy Scott <rscott77070@...> wrote:
                > --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, Forbes
                > Bagatelle-Black
                > <diarmaede@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > And I want to start a company doing essentially
                > the
                > > same thing for ships at port. Anyone got a few
                > > million $$ seed money?
                > >
                > > - Forbes
                > >

                > Is there really a need for that? When I was in the
                > Navy we only used
                > the diesel generators when underway or during
                > general quarters - when
                > tied up we were wired to "shore power".
                >
                > Randy

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                > removed]

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com

                Automotive technician Automotive technician training Automotive shop equipment Automotive equipment Automotive technician employment Automotive technician course