Happy Messenger ... where are they ??

  • jmygann
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
      Anyone know where one is ???
    • James Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
        Here is the link. Enjoy. James Wilson

        http://www.greencarcongress.com/electric_battery/

        --- jmygann <jmygann@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know where one is ???

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • jmygann
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
          That link tells nothing about where they went....

          Could be just another scam ...

          Anyone know where they are IF they are truely in the USA ??

          --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, James Wilson <jrem2@y...> wrote:

          > Here is the link. Enjoy. James Wilson
          >
          > http://www.greencarcongress.com/electric_battery/
          >

          > --- jmygann <jmygann@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > Anyone know where one is ???

          > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          > dsl.yahoo.com

        • gahz84
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
            --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, "jmygann" <jmygann@y...> wrote:

            > That link tells nothing about where they went....
            >
            > Could be just another scam ...
            >
            > Anyone know where they are IF they are truely in the USA ??
            >

            > --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, James Wilson <jrem2@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Here is the link. Enjoy. James Wilson
            > >
            > > http://www.greencarcongress.com/electric_battery/
            > >

            > > --- jmygann <jmygann@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Anyone know where one is ???

            The following is an email from the manufacturer of the happy messenger:

            Thanks for your interests on our vehicle. We have designated a dealer
            for our vehicle in U.S.. If you would like to buy it, please contact
            the deater by email: kkiley@... and the website is :
            www.milesautomotive.com.
            Best regards.
            Wang Nan
            TQEV
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
              Yup, the car seems to be confined to the 25 mph NEV territory, instead
              of allowing American consumers access to the 60 mph version with the
              real batteries (NiMH). I wonder why.

              On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:55:15 -0000, you wrote:

              >--- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, "jmygann" <jmygann@y...> wrote:
              >>
              >> That link tells nothing about where they went....
              >>
              >> Could be just another scam ...
              >>
              >> Anyone know where they are IF they are truely in the USA ??
              >>

              >> --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, James Wilson <jrem2@y...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Here is the link. Enjoy. James Wilson
              >> >
              >> > http://www.greencarcongress.com/electric_battery/

              >The following is an email from the manufacturer of the happy messenger:
              >
              >Thanks for your interests on our vehicle. We have designated a dealer
              >for our vehicle in U.S.. If you would like to buy it, please contact
              >the deater by email: kkiley@... and the website is :
              >www.milesautomotive.com.
              >Best regards.
              >Wang Nan
              >TQEV

            • jmygann
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
                Have to wait till the ZX90 or XS200 comes out ...

                http://www.milesautomotive.com/futuremodels.html

                I guess the only way I can get a 4 door EV is to built it myself....

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
                  Offhand I can see no reason this "future" model is not presently for
                  sale in the US, as NiMH models from the same Chinese manufacturer
                  already appear to be in other countries. This is very reminiscent of
                  the Reva situation (DESIGNED in the US) where they had to twist
                  themselves into knots explaining why they couldn't bring to the US the
                  very best technology: apparently because WE WON'T LET THEM.

                  I don't have as much time as I'd like to think this out, but a few
                  things have sort of come to a head for me, so I'll do the best I can:

                  1. I'd like to see if I or someone else can make a project out of
                  tracking down if the NiMh model is for sale in other countries, and,
                  if so, how it is doing, and how it is performing.

                  2. I'd like to flesh out how NHTSA regulations are (it is alleged)
                  getting in the way of the NiMH faster models being made for sale here
                  in the US.

                  3. I'd like to make clear that while I set up this forum as a free
                  adjunct to EVWorld.com because I wanted a list-serve format for myself
                  and others, and I didn't think I should be burdened by having to play
                  host to a lot of "Bush this" and "Clinton that" generalized political
                  and governmental philosophy discussion, there are times when current
                  general affairs and governmental affairs do become very relevant to
                  our discussions of alt fuel vehicles, energy policy and such.

                  Furthermore, it is possible that my approach is simply wrong, and has
                  somewhat impeded discussion relevant to alt fuel vehicles, Energy
                  Policy and general environmental and policy discussions as they are
                  presented on the main connected website for this forum, EVWorld.com.
                  Since my work is simply donated, and I am human and make mistakes, I
                  am thinking that inevitably I and my fellow moderators will make
                  mistakes, but hopefully going forward it can be made clear that where
                  the discussions can be made relevant to the general themes and ideas
                  covered by Editor Bill Moore on EVWorld.com, then I think they can be
                  opened up.

                  In this case, we have several intersections of current affairs,
                  including the utterly deafening silence on the issue of getting better
                  alt fuel vehicles onto the roads in the US for several reasons.

                  One of the reasons is to lessen the flow of money to oil producing
                  Middle Eastern nations who are in turn, in various ways, funding
                  violence against Americans and American allies. This forum is open to
                  people worldwide and so it is not assumed that all readers will be
                  unhappy with the funding of violence against Americans, by American
                  consumers buying gas, but even in that case, the simple act of
                  logically defining and elucidating the hypocrisy and deafening
                  incompetent silence of American governmental policy and philosophy, in
                  this area, is perhaps worth doing.

                  Another reason that our government leaders should be concerned about
                  this Electric Vehicle issue is that many of them have over the years
                  paid lip-service to the issue of bringing "Free Market" philosophy and
                  practice to the USA. If they wish to be counted as actually following
                  up on this, and not as hypocrites to be recorded for all of history,
                  then they might want to get off their backsides and start looking into
                  and speaking about and taking action on such an example of a market
                  obstruction in the USA.

                  This is not the first NiMh powered highway capable vehicle that
                  somehow isn't available to American consumers, but I think we should
                  get on this a bit, track down who is making the NiMh batteries for the
                  good version (a major world manufacturer I think the Miles Automotive
                  site said.... or was that just the car?), and what is the status of
                  that vehicle outside of the US. Perhaps there are reviews in non-US
                  publications which give a good idea of the pros and cons.

                  Then, if anyone is talented with keeping track of such a legalistic
                  matter as how American laws regarding low and high speed vehicles, and
                  safety related laws, are being used as a pretext to keep out
                  better-mileage vehicles that would solve a host of problems
                  (political, environmental, etc.), then I think any such postings would
                  be appreciated.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
                    This remark from the Green Car Congress "comments" section of the article on this particular electrical vehicle should clear everything up.

                    Dear Doug Easter,
                    Your nearest dealer can be found ion Yangliuqing China, about, go west on on I-90 until you reach water, the pass the Olympic National Park, until water again, then continue about 3000 miles west to North Korea, cross it and continue on water until you see Beitang, the continue another day or two until you find Tianjin. There ask any local for the dealer nearest to Seattle...
                    The six they sent to US and another six that they might have there would cover the demand you are helping to increase...

                    murdoch <murdoch@...> wrote: Offhand I can see no reason this "future" model is not presently for
> [...]

                    be appreciated.

                    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 05:55:12 -0000, you wrote:

                    >Have to wait till the ZX90 or XS200 comes out ...
                    >
                    >http://www.milesautomotive.com/futuremodels.html
                    >
                    >I guess the only way I can get a 4 door EV is to built it myself....
                    >

                    >--- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, murdoch <murdoch@h...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Yup, the car seems to be confined to the 25 mph NEV territory,
                    >instead
                    >> of allowing American consumers access to the 60 mph version with
                    >the
                    >> real batteries (NiMH). I wonder why.

                    >> >The following is an email from the manufacturer of the happy
                    >messenger:
                    >> >
                    >> >Thanks for your interests on our vehicle. We have designated a
                    >dealer
                    >> >for our vehicle in U.S.. If you would like to buy it, please

                    Automotive technician Automotive technician training Automotive shop equipment Automotive equipment Automotive technician employment Automotive technician course

                  • jmygann
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
                      Apparently some one saw one in Santa Barbara ...

                      I called the US office several times ... just a recording

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
                        Last "news release" on the Co. website is from 2003. Not a good sign.

                        http://www.qyev.com/english/gsdt/index.htm