Re: [RAV4-EV] the 101 Report

  • Bruce Tucker
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
      Simon
      Very interesting! Thanks for the report.

      Don't forget to stop by www.evchargernews.com and leave "I Was There"
      reports for all the chargers you visited (you probably have done so
      already).

      You know, maybe we should have a RoadTrip section ...sort of a "Here's how
      we did it!" on EVChargerNews. Here are a few trips that I seem to remember
      being reported, and it seems to me that you have done at least the first two
      of them now:
      San Francisco to Santa Monica
      San Francisco to Reno
      Los Angeles to Las Vegas
      Los Angeles to San Diego

      Any others current roadtrips being planned or accomplished recently?

      Bruce

      > I've just logged my recent trip from San Francisco to Santa Monica via
      > Hwy. 101.
      > No worries, Simo
    • . Darell .
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
        Be great to have some sort of "rough" standard format. I like what Greg did
        for his.

        Write 'em up and send 'em in! If Tom doesn't want to host them (and I'll bet
        he does!) then I'd be happy to.

        -= Darell =-
        http://darelldd.com/ev

      • Tom Dowling
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
          I've been from Folsom to Lake Almanor (near Chester) once a year, every
          year from 1998 through 2005. My brother, Terry, made the trip with me
          in 1999. EV1 PbA, EV1 NiMH, and RAV4 EV. A couple of times, I made
          the trip via Reno and Susanville. Other years, I went via Oroville or
          Chico.

          Also, three EV1s (PbA) went from Sacramento to Tahoe City in 1998, and
          joined Greg Hanssen there. Greg had driven from Irvine through
          Yosemite to Tahoe City. The four EV1s returned non-stop from Truckee
          to Sacramento. The three Sacramento EV1s were piloted by yours truly,
          Darrel Singleton, and Steve Haas of Saturn, who was accompanied by
          Craig Schneider, driver of the EV1 Roadshow big rig.

          Other Donner Summit trips: I've been from Folsom to Tahoe City or
          Truckee half a dozen times. Ed Huestis has been from Vacaville to Reno
          several times. At least once, he returned non-stop from Truckee to
          Vacaville.

          Ed Huestis is also the Northern California to Southern California
          champion. He has made the trip from Vacaville to Santa Maria and
          beyond at least a dozen times. I believe he went all the way from
          Vacaville to San Diego and return at least once. Perhaps Ed will speak
          up about his extensive long-distance travels.

          There have been many other trips that I haven't mentioned.

          Just last Saturday, a Ranger EV made the trip from Folsom to San Jose.
          Only 150 miles, but that's a significant trip for a PbA Ranger EV.
          Folsom to Davis, to Suisun City, to Concord, to Fremont, to San Jose.

          Tom Dowling

          Bruce Tucker wrote:

          > Simon
          > Very interesting! Thanks for the report.
          >
          > Don't forget to stop by www.evchargernews.com and leave "I Was There"

          > reports for all the chargers you visited (you probably have done so
          > already).
          >
          > You know, maybe we should have a RoadTrip section ...sort of a
          "Here's
          > how we did it!" on EVChargerNews. Here are a few trips that I seem
          > remember being reported, and it seems to me that you have done at
          > least the first two of them now:
          > San Francisco to Santa Monica
          > San Francisco to Reno
          > Los Angeles to Las Vegas
          > Los Angeles to San Diego
          >
          > Any others current roadtrips being planned or accomplished recently?
          >
          > Bruce
          >

          >> I've just logged my recent trip from San Francisco to Santa Monica
          >> via Hwy. 101.
          >> No worries, Simo

        • Tom Dowling
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
            Sure, I'll be glad to host them.

            I could use a volunteer to gather them together and format them for
            posting, though.

            Tom

            Be great to have some sort of "rough" standard format. I like what Greg
            did for his.

            Write 'em up and send 'em in! If Tom doesn't want to host them (and
            I'll bet he does!) then I'd be happy to.

            -= Darell =-
            http://darelldd.com/ev

          • . Darell .
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
              Well, heck - if I have to do all the work first... :)

              Let's have everybody send in the details to me - in the best form they have,
              and I'll see what I can do with them. Please send them directly to my email
              address, unless you want the list to relive your travels here too!

              Simo - would you be so kind as to send yours to me one more time? Thanks!

              -= Darell =-
              http://darelldd.com/ev

            • Tom Dowling
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2005
                And it's listed on www.evchargernews.com. along with a few other RV
                parks. See
                http://www.evchargernews.com/regions/93930_1.htm

                EVCN is interested in listing EV-friendly RV parks where EV drivers
                have actually charged, and have had good experiences. I have
                information to post on several RV parks already, waiting in the to-do
                list folder for the time to create the listings.

                Tom Dowling

                _____