Oops, correction

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2005
      I mentioned a 50 kWh BEV as containing less than half a gallon of
      energy. This is wrong. It contains very roughly about 1.5 times the
      amount of energy in a gallon of conventional fuel (give or take) and
      so a conventional 11 gallon fuel tank (to choose a number) might,
      fully-fueled, carry about about 7.26 times more energy than a BEV
      carrying 50 kWh. I'm not sure how the vehicles would compare in terms
      of the weight of the conventional fuel combined versus the weight of
      the Battery.