RAV4-EV fresh as a daisy

  • doug korthof
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 7:49 PM
      Our RAV4-EV, purchased in Dec., 2002, has over 54,000 miles, has never been in to a dealer (I won't let it out of my sight, ever since Honda took one of our EVs and never gave it back).

      I still can get up to 150 miles on a charge, 100 miles at 65 mph, 80 miles at 80 mph.

      But this is not the old timer...our son's has about 20K more miles, and gets even better miles per charge.

      Doug

      Paul Scott <pscottvfx@...> wrote:
      Cindy,

      Your quote in the AP story was interesting.

      ``I've got a co-worker who's driving one and he's down to between 60 and 80 miles between charges,'' Knight said. ``The battery slowly starts deteriorating.''

      How many miles does this car have on it?

      It might be that your co-worker is unaware that repeatedly charging the batteries at 60%-70% level will cause the instrumentation to get out of kilter and make the driver think there is little charge left when there is actually plenty left. We are aware of no RAVs that get less than 100 miles range, so it's likely that your co-worker is just not aware of this.

      We would be happy to come by with RAV INFO and test this person's car for you. Would you please let me know whether this is possible. We don't want you to be in the ironic position of knocking your own product while we on the outside praise it.

      Sincerely,

      Paul Scott
      DontCrush.com
      310-399-5997