Re: [evworld] Why do you think this Democratic Committee caller is uniformed on global warming

  • Robert Mills
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      It is called "Political Double Talk" !! It is a language designed to "Dodge The Bullet" or "Evade the Subject" !!

      Bob

      Pat Neuman <npat1@...> wrote:

      To all members,

      Please post why you think a Democratic National Committee caller has
      not heard much about global warming, and that "no one had ever brought
      up the topic to her as an issue".

      Excerpt

      Comment #14
      Listened to the interview, & am glad at least the British get to hear
      about GW (and we, through this website). I forgot to mention in #5
      that when I spoke with a Democratic National Committee caller &
      mentioned GW, she said she had not heard much about it, and no one had
      ever brought up the topic to her as an issue. So I feel that rather
      than disinformation, we in the U.S. are suffering primarily from lack
      of information or coverage - and at least one friend took that to mean
      that GW had been disproven (since she never heard about it anymore).

      http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=128
      28 Feb 2005, Subject: "The Last Word for Now´┐Ż

      Pat Neuman

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Pat Neuman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com,

        > Robert Mills wrote:
        > It is called "Political Double Talk" !!
        > It is a language designed to "Dodge The Bullet"
        > or "Evade the Subject" !!
        >
        > Bob

        I think that is true for many of the politicians, but that there's
        more (or less) to it for the common folk. I posted my thoughts to P&C
        last night... which follow.

        ----------------
        > > Please post why you think a Democratic National
        > > Committee caller has not heard much about global
        > > warming, and that "no one had ever brought up
        > > the topic to her as an issue".

        Many people aren't following what's going on in world or national
        news. Most people know what's happening locally. People may be
        listening to each other locally, or talk radio, but none of them have
        a clue about larger issues. They need to think global and act local,
        but they have no clue about global climate.

        ...Excerpt from post at All-Energy about Mike's Conserve, Now...

        > ... is still a little ahead of its time.

        It may be ahead of its time for those that don't understand or refuse
        to believe that we're at the beginning of a global climate crisis that
        will worsen rapidly in the years and decades ahead.

        Pat N