Re: need some advice

  • ntsl532
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
      If you are planning to get a patent, discuss it with nobody but your
      attorney as it might invalidate your ability to patent it as well as
      someone else getting your idea. Well, normally you should plan to
      build some sort of prototype first before seeeing patent attorney

      --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, runbunny@j... wrote:

      > Please understand that I'm not trying to impugn your idea, but
      offer this
      > in the spirit of helpfulness. When you say that you're not Mr
      > Goodwrench, does that mean that you aren't good with tools, or does
      it
      > mean that mechanical things are outside of your experience? Often,
      when
      > a person comes up with a 'why didn't anyone think of this before'
      idea,
      > it's because there is a fatal flaw in it.
      > Can you disguise the principle enough to make it safe to inquire
      about?
      > You might try talking it over with a member of the engineering
      staff at
      > your local university.
      > And if you yourself are engineering staff, please accept my
      apologies.
      > Marie
      >
      > On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:53:10 -0000 "mark" <picks2010@y...> writes:
      >

      > I have a keen interest in EV's and would like to learn as much as
      > possible about them. I am not much of a
      Mr.Goodwrench...lol...but..I
      > have a concept for a car that is totally self-sufficient; no gas,no
      > oil,no big battery packs,no re-charging. Completely self-
      > contained,self-sustaining,with no driving restrictions as far as
      > mileage,distance,etc. Some may say I am crazy,but that is what they
      > told the Wright brothers as well..lol.
      > My problem...I do not have the money to build a prototype,patent
      > attorneys are very expensive,and as I mentioned earlier,I am not
      much
      > of a Mr.Goodwrench..lol. Any suggestions??
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

    • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
        If you are not in a position to seek a patent at this
        point, find someone you trust who knows what he is
        talking about, engineering-wise, and who runs his/her
        own business. Have him/her sign a non-disclosure
        agreement (NDA). I am sure you can find good examples
        of NDAs on the web. Remember that only an officer of
        a company can sign an NDA on behalf of that company.
        Once the NDS is in place, get his/her view as to the
        feasibility of your idea. If he/she thinks it is a
        good one, ask how to proceed.

        Good luck,

        Forbes

        --- ntsl532 <ntsl532@...> wrote:

        > If you are planning to get a patent, discuss it with
        > nobody but your
        > attorney as it might invalidate your ability to
        > patent it as well as
        > someone else getting your idea. Well, normally you
        > should plan to
        > build some sort of prototype first before seeeing
        > patent attorney
        >

        > --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, runbunny@j... wrote:
        > >
        > > Please understand that I'm not trying to impugn
        > your idea, but
        > offer this
        > > in the spirit of helpfulness. When you say that
        > you're not Mr
        > > Goodwrench, does that mean that you aren't good
        > with tools, or does
        > it
        > > mean that mechanical things are outside of your
        > experience? Often,
        > when
        > > a person comes up with a 'why didn't anyone think
        > of this before'
        > idea,
        > > it's because there is a fatal flaw in it.
        > > Can you disguise the principle enough to make it
        > safe to inquire
        > about?
        > > You might try talking it over with a member of the
        > engineering
        > staff at
        > > your local university.
        > > And if you yourself are engineering staff, please
        > accept my
        > apologies.
        > > Marie
        > >
        > > On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:53:10 -0000 "mark"
        > <picks2010@y...> writes:
        > >

        > > I have a keen interest in EV's and would like to
        > learn as much as
        > > possible about them. I am not much of a
        > Mr.Goodwrench...lol...but..I
        > > have a concept for a car that is totally
        > self-sufficient; no gas,no
        > > oil,no big battery packs,no re-charging.
        > Completely self-
        > > contained,self-sustaining,with no driving
        > restrictions as far as
        > > mileage,distance,etc. Some may say I am crazy,but
        > that is what they
        > > told the Wright brothers as well..lol.
        > > My problem...I do not have the money to build a
        > prototype,patent
        > > attorneys are very expensive,and as I mentioned
        > earlier,I am not
        > much
        > > of a Mr.Goodwrench..lol. Any suggestions??
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Terms of
        > Service.

        > removed]

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • James Wilson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
          Where do you live? I am about 30miles east of
          Tulsa,Ok.
          I am a retired machinist,converted a 1990 Suzuki Swift
          to Electric only mode. I have been shafted out of two
          patents,so far,& I understand the frustration.I would
          be glad to work with you,machine work etc,if we aren't
          to far apart. I have my own Machine Shop,so there is
          no problem on that part. Regards, J.R.Wilson

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250