Re: PEV article in the NY Times today!

  • murdoch_1998
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004
      I thought the story came out very well.

      Here is a link to the story at the nytimes.com website link of the
      article:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/31/automobiles/31SCOO.html?oref=login

      The last time I checked, their policies were that they would allow
      free access to anyone to stories for about 7 days. After that, you'd
      have to pay for access to an older article. I think maybe the LA
      Times is a bit like this also. My own practice in the face of this
      problem has generally been that if I know I really like an article
      and can get to it while it is still free, I sometimes mail the full
      text to myself so I have a saved copy.

      I will have to delete the full message here in this group containing
      the full text of the article (and just leave this message up, which
      has just a few paragraphs quoted), because just as evworld.com wants
      some folks who pay for premium subscriptions to have access to the
      for-pay articles, there is also the question of respecting other
      publications' choice to charge for copyrighted materials.

      But please do not let this discourage from the main point, which is
      that it's good to see networking here in this group to create such
      articles, and to pass on references to them.