1500 watt electric scooter on eBay, hub-motor, $700 bid

  • angelsonebikes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&category=64678&item=7110734958&rd=1

      Looks like a possible better alternative to the Ego2 electric
      scooter with its attendant unshielded belt-drive problems. With a
      hub motor, unless its not waterproof, should be simplier to maintain.

      This item is the first I've seen offered. More coming, I assume.
    • murdoch_1998
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
        Now that I've got my solar installed, I am at some point thinking of
        getting a higher-end 2-wheeler, for shorter trips on 35 mph roads.
        It's unlikely, but possible. The claimed 40 mph speed of this
        vehicle is a selling point for such a project. I had thought that
        there were some legalities (not technical hurdles) confining such
        vehicles to about 1 hp (.746 kW) and 20 mph.

        The fact that this seller has clearly written ebay ads before, but
        has zero feedback, raises a red flag for me, as an occassional
        ebayer. Nevertheless, it certainly is an intruiging ebay post.

        --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, "angelsonebikes"