Amp Suckers (?)

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
      Did anyone else here happen to see a TV show on the Discovery Channel
      last night about guys building an elec car?

      Along the lines of "American Hotrod" and "American Chopper" it
      featured a shop in Oregon or Washington (I think) stripping a postal
      van to convert it into an electric vehicle - with intentions of
      racing it.

      The discovery Channel doesn't seem to mention it on their website.

      Just wondering - I don't think it was a hallucination.

      Randy
      Houston
    • David Franklin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
        My tivo recorded it for me. I haven't watched it yet.

        David Franklin
        Fleet Sales Manager
        Toyota / Scion of Hollywood
        Lincoln / Mercury of Hollywood
        6000 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028
        323-467-6161 x301

        Did anyone else here happen to see a TV show on the Discovery Channel
        last night about guys building an elec car?

        Along the lines of "American Hotrod" and "American Chopper" it
        featured a shop in Oregon or Washington (I think) stripping a postal
        van to convert it into an electric vehicle - with intentions of
        racing it.

        The discovery Channel doesn't seem to mention it on their website.

        Just wondering - I don't think it was a hallucination.

        Randy
        Houston

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Randy Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
          AHA !~! There it is

          "Sucking Amps"

          Saturday July 3 @ 1;00 eastern

          be there or be square

          RMS

          --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Scott" <rscott77070@y...>
          wrote:
          > Did anyone else here happen to see a TV show on the Discovery
          Channel
          > last night about guys building an elec car?
          >
          > Along the lines of "American Hotrod" and "American Chopper" it
          > featured a shop in Oregon or Washington (I think) stripping a
          postal
          > van to convert it into an electric vehicle - with intentions of
          > racing it.
          >
          > The discovery Channel doesn't seem to mention it on their website.
          >
          > Just wondering - I don't think it was a hallucination.
          >
          > Randy
          > Houston
        • Randy Scott
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
            I was very impressed with the way the torque of the motor kept
            breaking driveline parts. WAY cool!

            RMS

            --- In evworld@yahoogroups.com, "David Franklin" <davidfranklin@l...>
            wrote:
            > My tivo recorded it for me. I haven't watched it yet.
            >
            > David Franklin
            > Fleet Sales Manager
            > Toyota / Scion of Hollywood
            > Lincoln / Mercury of Hollywood
            > 6000 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028
            > 323-467-6161 x301

          • Eric Penne
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
              That has been a topic of discusion on the EVList.

              http://www.suckingamps.com

              Rod Wilde is the main guy.

              Eric