quite the review from Road & Track: Return to Power: the 2013 Tesla Model S

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2013
      bcc: various

      This is in the April 2013 print edition, with a February 25, 2013 date
      on the online link:

      http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/road-tests/road-test-2013-tesla-model-s
      >Return to Power: the 2013 Tesla Model S
      >The Performance model lives up to its name
      >By Jason Cammisa February 25, 2013 / Photos by Eric McCandless

      Some quotes:

      "...It's the most important car America has made in an
      entire lifetime. ..."

      "....The Tesla Model S is the first electricity-powered car
      that genuinely competes with a similar gasoline-powered car:
      in speed, in everyday usability, and especially in
      price...."

      obscure but interesting comment on the tech side of things:

      "...Tesla wisely decided against a blended brake system,
      forgoing the cost, complexity, and miserable brake feel that
      plagues almost every electric or hybrid-electric vehicle on
      the road. Instead, fully releasing the accelerator pedal
      engages a user-selectable amount of regeneration. The
      immediate benefit of the setup is that it leaves a
      conventional braking system attached to the pedal; a
      secondary benefit is that, in normal driving, you only
      occasionally need to move your foot to the left pedal.
      ..."
    • MarketMole
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
        I'll have Elon deliver yours personally...

        I wonder if the Tesla runs on Android? And when will we first hear of our
        car's getting hacked by Anonymous...