Natural Gas Vehicles

  • psychrn7n
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
      I am an advocate for natural gas as the fuel of choice for most engines, and most vehicles. It is the cleanest source of massive energy. I also love wind and solar, but battery technology has not advanced enough for most vehicles. A gas gallon equivalent currently sells for from about $1.00 to $2.70. It is available in most populous areas. Oklahoma and Utah have many areas. For a prices and locations map see cngprices.com

      We now have several CNG compressed natural gas vehicles available. Honda makes the Civic in a CNG only model. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge sell bifuel pickup trucks that use CNG or gasoline. Ford and Chevy sell vans that use CNG only. Chrysler/Fiat is expected to come out with CNG sedans soon.

      The largest engines are now turning to natural gas to save about half of their fuel cost. Any engine or vehicle can be converted to run off of natural gas. Youtube.com shows several videos on conversions. One shows a sedan that is converted, with a small tank, for $1,000. Others show pickup truck conversions done by professional firms. These companies charge a lot more. I am not a mechanic, but check out the possibilities.

      http://ronwagnersrants.blogspot.com Natural gas is the future of energy. It is replacing dirty, dangerous, expensive coal and nuclear plants. It is producing the electricity for electric cars. It will directly fuel cars,pickup trucks, vans, buses, long haul trucks, dump trucks, locomotives, aircraft, ships etc. It will keep us out of more useless wars, where we shed our blood and money. Over 1,800 natural gas story links on my blog. An annotated bibliography. The big picture of natural gas.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2012
        There's an interesting post I saw on the Nissan Leaf forum by someone
        who has owned by a HOnda NGV and a Leaf, and he made the somewhat
        surprising-to-me point that he was a bit skeptical of the future of
        widespread adoption of NGVs.

        I can't seem to find the direct comments offhand, but here's an old
        thread with some interesting pro/con back-and-forth for when I have
        more time to read into this.

        http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=179304
        Post subject: Leaf vs Civic NGV

        [Default] On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 17:31:13 -0000, "psychrn7n"