Nissan Leaf Drivers Avoid Pushing Limits of Car’s Range

  • k9zeh
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 3:28 PM
      The user experience of the BEV owner seems to show that with some modifications to your driving habits, the car can work quite well. In my case, when I get one, it will be a second car. The BEV will be for local use, and the ICE car for longer trips. A PHEV can do both.

      http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/nissan-leaf-drivers-avoid-pushing-limits-of-cars-range/
    • Ronald Cochran
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 4:16 PM
        I own a Nissan LEAF, and what you say is exactly what I do. The LEAF was
        bought for in-town use only. For that purpose, one charge lasts about two
        days. We find it to be a very fine car for in-town driving. We also have an
        ICE car for trips. The idea of having a second car for trips is typically
        treated by the popular press as kind of a big deal. I find this very
        surprising! What percent of Americans do you suppose own two or more cars?