Batteries That Can Multitask

  • k9zeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2011
      This is not the breakthrough that we long for, but a marginal improvement in EV design. Use body members as part of the energy system. A capacitor, of course, is not an energy source but rather a storage device for transient energy. It can smooth out the surges in power consumption by storing energy for those bursts when needed.

      It is still nice to see so much effort finally going into EV development. If enough R&D is invested, the EV will succeed.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/automobiles/05BATTERY.html?src=recg