Atlanta-based Wheego's new electric car LiFe to hit road in March

  • USA
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26 6:13 AM
      Atlanta-based Wheego's new electric car LiFe to hit road in March
      The LiFe, which is made of 80 percent North American parts (the balance
      is from China) is engineered and assembled in California. It can go 100
      miles on a charge, powered by lithium battery technology, and will
      retail for $32,995. It is eligible for $7,500 in federal tax credits as
      well as state tax credits. In Georgia, the tax credit is 20 percent of
      the cost of the car, with a $5,000 cap.

      Wheego's new electric car LiFe Complete Story and Video
      <http://electricandhybridcars.com/index.php/pages/electriccarnews.html>

      Cheers,
      The Scoggins Family

    • Arcologic@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26 9:09 AM
        Thanks for the info,

        Alas, another disappointment. Maybe they could hire some college kids to help with the design, or copy the old EV1.

        Ernie Rogers

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26 4:32 PM
          I've owned uglier cars than that, no complaints here on the styling.

          My only problem with it is the lack of seats. need to have 4 seats and
          be available in Australia, and I would buy one.

          I see it as being comparable to a Japanese Kei car e.g.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Cuore

          Given the electric motor in this LiFe is more powerful than the ICE that
          was in the 6th Gen Daihatsu Cuore I uesd to own, I see no reason for the
          LiFe to have only 2 seats.

          If it's not obvious I didn't buy the Cuore for it's looks.

          I like the Wheego concept, I think he might be trying the wrong market
          though, he should focus on other countries where consumers are more
          willing to own / drive this size car.

          Dave.