BEVs Will Outsell ICEs When They Cost A Lot Less

  • Forbes Black
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 15, 2010
      I remember my trip to China and Taiwan back in 2008, touring bicycle factories when I worked for Currie. I was struck by the fact that, in China everyone rode ebikes, but in Taiwan, everyone rode gas scooters. I asked the company president why this was so, and his answer was simple, "Gas scooters cost five times as much as ebikes."

      There's the bottom line. EVs can cost dramatically less than gas-powered cars. When these potential savings become real, EVs will start to sell in very high volumes.

      - Forbes
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 31, 2010
        A very interesting story in itself, about this person. I think those
        of us who work on the investment side could learn something from that
        story.

        [Default] On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:37:09 -0800 (PST), Forbes Black