Wheels: WattStation: An Electric Car Charger With a Designer Touch

  • k9zeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2010
      I own a boat and keep it in a slip, so I am familiar with the power pod that has the outlets for shore power, telephone, TV, and a night light. It costs very little to build these, and in the near future, all good fortune coming our way, there will be one in every parking space in every country of the world. It is the modern concept of the western hitching post for your horse. You connect to it when you are not driving your car, and you get energy for the next leg of your travels. With a 230 VAC 3 phase outlet, you should be able to fully charge a spent battery array in less than an hour.

      The cool thing is these power pods can be made to look good, provide full functionality, and you pay for your energy with some kind of I-PASS system, hopefully, or use a credit card. Nice.

      http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/ges-ev-charger-has-that-designer-touch/?hpw