Students Build Hydrogen Vehicle That Gets 1,336 MPG

  • k9zeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009
      Here is another student project for the best gas milage contests:

      http://gas2.org/2009/07/13/students-build-hydrogen-vehicle-that-gets-1336-mpg/

      This article comes from a website that is focused on alternative fuels. It is definitely worth looking at.

      Also, I heard a piece on NPR that talked about how to store wind and solar energy during periods of no daylight or no wind. The ideas talked about gigantic lithium ion batteries, compressing air in caves, and heating up salt. No one offered the relatively simple battery idea I have talked about that has no size limits and very minimal technology. You store the energy by using the excess electrical power to separate water molocules into H2 and O2 by electrolysis, then store these two gases in tanks, outdoors, away from populated areas, as safely as bulk storage terminals for gasoline. The two gases are combined either in an internal combustion engine or in a fuel cell to convert them back into electrical power. It is cheap, simple, and scalable.