Re: [future-fuels-and-vehicles] Making Sense of the AC Propulsion Annoucement

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2008
      Aside from Valence, E-Moli is the one of the only quoted company that
      I can point to, that I can think of, that makes (if memory serves) a
      thermal-runaway-inhibited type of LiOn battery. There may be a few
      others, at this point.... as we know the LiOn chemistry claims have
      become somewhat diverse and difficulty to follow. For example, CBAK
      was making such batteries for A123 last year, but then stopped doing
      so (perhaps because of the
      Prof._Goodenough/University_of_Texas/HydroQuebec lawsuit)

      My take on E-Moli's claims goes back a few years.

      E-Moli trades in Taiwan (classified by many as an "Emerging" market)
      on the Gretai Exchange (classified by some as an OTC exchange) and
      they do not trade on the main tier of that exchange, but on an
      "Emerging" tier. So, they trade on a lower tier of an OTC Exchange of
      an Emerging Market Exchange. Nonetheless, they are quoted:

      http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=3127%3ATT

      Disclaimer: I do not have any vested interest in E-One Moli but
      generally do research on alt energy investments. My mention of this
      or that ticker does not mean that I recommend anything (and I mean
      it). I am mentioning tickers generally for background research
      purposes as it may help us to follow the industry as a whole.

      [Default] On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:43:52 -0700 (PDT), Lee Dekker