Carbon Tax Provisions Hidden in Bailout Bill

  • shane_digital
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      [Moderator Note: Future Vehicles are not discussed in this forward from Shane, so its relevance to this group is debatable at best.

      However, I do want our group to continue to remain aware of policy issues as they may affect future fuel and vehicle efforts, and any sort of government attempt to regulate carbon emissions will eventually, I think, strongly affect a transition away from old-technology hydrocarbon-burning vehicles.]

      I will reserve the right as moderator to curb or end discussion that may ensue from this thread if it seems to us that it gets too far away from policies pertaining to future fuels & vehicles.

      group owner/co-moderator

      -----------
      -----------------------------

      http://www.infowars.com/?p=5044

      Carbon Tax Provisions Hidden in Bailout Bill

      Infowars.com
      October 2, 2008

      Perhaps one of the biggest side-effects of the Senate bailout bill
      passed yesterday may prove to be the carbon tax measures tucked away
      in its 451 pages.

      News Busters reveals that Section 117 mandates a ‘carbon audit of the
      tax code’ to be completed within the next two years that will
      determine which carbon tax measures will be put into place.

      SEC. 117. CARBON AUDIT OF THE TAX CODE.
      (a) STUDY.â€"The Secretary of the Treasury shall enter into an
      agreement with the National Academy of Sciences to undertake a
      comprehensive review of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to identify
      the types of and specific tax provisions that have the largest effects
      on carbon and other greenhouse gas emissions and to estimate the
      magnitude of those effects.

      [...]