California Government Running $17.2bn USD Deficit, But Asked To Continue Helping To Pay For Installation Of Hydrogen Highway?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2008
      I have lost track of whether California Taxpayers have been asked
      to help fund Hydrogen refueling stations and the like. If so,
      why? Won't it be a profitable business for Hydrogen sellers to
      mine and harvest hydrogen and sell it?

      Ok, so maybe some good-old public-private partnership is in
      order, but how does the cost to taxpayers compare to the cost to
      taxpayers for installation of plug-in-vehicle electric recharging
      stations? I would like to keep an eye out for credible estimates
      from all sides. Maybe PIA can help at some point, if they think
      that keeping an eye on this issue of cost-to-taxpayers of
      infrastructure installation might be of some good importance.

      Here is a California Government website discussing the hydrogen
      highway:

      http://www.hydrogenhighway.ca.gov/

      Here is the latest news story discussing how bad the state of the
      finances of the government are in California:

      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/31/BAEP122S2P.DTL&tsp=1

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 12:03 AM
        Fiddling with hydrogen as Rome burns.