Re: [future-fuels-and-vehicles] Present Fuel And Energy Policy

    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2008
      We have no choice but to work within the system. But if the system is not only not working but is instead working toward failure, procrastination may be the best option. I do believe the administration has an agenda but do not believe that agenda has anything at all to do with improving the country. Throughout the last 8 years, what we have seen is a scorched earth, take no prisoners policy. More disturbing is the apparent preference to scuttle the ship or the entire armada rather then give an inch. This is a new tactic if you can call it that and few have caught on after two terms. It amounts to vandalism politics and most have understandably not been able to grasp it.

      We assume there is room to negotiate but are wrong. We assume the administration wants the best for the country but we are wrong. We assume that people in the highest positions of power would not stoop to dog in the manger actions that serve no purpose other then creating chaos, but those assumptions are wrong and have been wrong over and over again.

      Possibly I am over reacting but if so it is in response to the overwhelming under reaction by the majority, who continue to see this administration as something it is not, has never been and probably never intended to be.

      It is extremely difficult for most to grasp acts of truly senseless and vicious vandalism. When these acts are repetitively performed by the highest authorities in the land, confusion and chaos are understandable outcomes. That leaves positive procrastination as the only logical tactic. Otherwise we waste our own energies and ammunition shooting down decoys after decoy.