(fwd) MADD attacks 'Grand Theft Auto IV'

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      In contrast to GTA, I wonder if anyone has written a very good
      safe-driver video game. I'm not realy talking about GTA, which is
      basically about the "fun" of being a criminal I guess. However, one
      of my friends has a teen who was recently learning how to drive, so it
      got me to wondering if there's a good program out there that would
      actually do a good job of helping all of us learn how to drive safely.

      I guess a problem is that part of the challenge of learning how to
      drive safely over many years and thousands of miles is how to stay
      alert over many years... in some ways arguably the antithesis of
      having fun in an action-packed video game.

      http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ju16X_-nwrLKNTDz01XO2wzB_e3AD90CH47G0
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        An very good question. Have been able to dig up a bit along those lines but there is no great push to teach our kids and others on what amounts to a driving simulator. The software is pretty easy and can easily be tweaked to simulate all kinds of driving scenarios. The hardware is more difficult to put in place but getting cheaper and better all the time because of the gaming culture.

        What a simple, safe and effective way to teach our kids how to drive safely and economically. One very good problem with this teaching method is that the kids will crawl over each other to get a chance to participate.

        In contrast to GTA, I wonder if anyone has written a very good

        safe-driver video game. I'm not realy talking about GTA, which is

        basically about the "fun" of being a criminal I guess. However, one

        of my friends has a teen who was recently learning how to drive, so it

        got me to wondering if there's a good program out there that would

        actually do a good job of helping all of us learn how to drive safely.

        I guess a problem is that part of the challenge of learning how to

        drive safely over many years and thousands of miles is how to stay

        alert over many years... in some ways arguably the antithesis of

        having fun in an action-packed video game.

        http://ap.google com/article/ ALeqM5ju16X_ -nwrLKNTDz01XO2w zB_e3AD90CH47G0

        Be a better friend, newshound, and