(fwd) [ETList] Prius makes great Taxicabs!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2003
      ACPropulsion Car" topic, it's been on my mind that, as a business issue of
      keeping as mainstream as possible, I wonder if they could do a vehicle that
      would appeal to fleet purchasers.

      Then this letter caught my eye, so I thought I'd pass it on. Taxis may be
      boring compared to 2 seat sports car convertibles that can do 0-60 in 4-ish
      seconds, but they're also more utilitarian for some purposes.

      If-when gasoline ever goes to $3-4 per gallon area, ACPropulsion may get some
      phone calls from fleet-administrators who don't know what to do, whose
      livelihoods require some immediate action. Outside of a Prius or Honda Hybrid,
      it would be good to be able to give them an answer "Yes, we have a hybrid
      Conversion or EV Conversion that has tested out well as a Taxi/delivery
      car/whatever and only costs $.05 per mile (I don't know how much precisely) in
      fuel to operate instead of the $.15 or so that you're paying."