ECD Earnings

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007
      I do not get the impression, from their quarterly comments or
      otherrwise, that this company, or the analysts covering it in the
      space, cares much (if at all) about their involvement in the
      batteries-for-hybrids industry. Almost everything they say and focus
      on seems to be about solar and a bit of computer memory commentary.
      Their Ovonic Materials segment is I think the one that encompasses
      their battery activity, and that seems to be treated as a problem
      money-losing area needing to turn around. Their joint venture with
      Cobasys for batteries specifically suitable for hybrids, is one in
      which they mentioned last quarter they might consider unloading their
      share.

      Disclaimer: my work involves me with analyzing this company and puts
      me in a position where I have an interest in their financial outcome.
      If I am also to discuss them as they pertain (or choose not to
      pertain) to plug-ins and can't-be-plugged-in-hybrids, I cannot remove
      them from my work, but I mention them here in this forum ONLY for
      purposes of analyzing their activity (or choice to be amazingly quiet)
      in the battery area.

      http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071108/clth053.html?.v=101