Re:Ethos Fuel Reformulator

  • Rudy Stefenel
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2007
      --- In future-fuels-and-vehicles@yahoogroups.com, Russell Ben Davis
      <russell_ben_davis@...> wrote:
      > Hi Rudy, To test Ethos F.R. with an engine that runs an electric
      motor, use the same test as I suggested, only make the benchmark on an
      hour per gallon basis. You should see an increase in the time the
      engine runs.

      > Pollution is the unburned fuel comming out of the exhaust pipe
      plus heat. If your run time increases then your polution decreases.
      Depending on the age of your engine, it may take approx. two tank
      fulls before you see positive results. I recomend you use two
      oz./gallon of fuel the first time then 1 oz./gal. thereafter. Also put
      1oz./quart of oil when you change the oil. Ethos F.R. is going to
      clean the inside of your engine. Russell D.

      Russell, Right on that an improvement is an increase in the time that
      the engine runs. Your probably right that an improvement equates to a
      pollution decrease, but I would want to measure it. Someday, I hope
      to have the equipment someday to test for reduction in pollution. Then
      products like the Ethos Fuel Refomulator would get the test that they
      deserve, with tests that give numbers, so we know how much. Rudy
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 1, 2007
        [Default] On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Russell Ben Davis
        <russell_ben_davis@...> wrote:

        >Hi Rudy,
        >
        > To test Ethos F.R. with an engine that runs an electric motor, use the same test as I suggested, only make the benchmark on an hour per gallon basis. You should see an increase in the time the engine runs.
        >
        > Pollution is the unburned fuel comming out of the exhaust pipe plus heat.

        Is it? What about byproducts of the combustion process? NOx?

        >If your run time increases then your polution decreases. Depending on the age of your engine, it may take approx. two tank fulls before you see positive results. I recomend you use two oz./gallon of fuel the first time then 1 oz./gal. thereafter. Also put 1oz./quart of oil when you change the oil.
        >
        > Ethos F.R. is going to clean the inside of your engine.
        >
        > Russell D.
      • Russell Ben Davis
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Murdock,

          Yes, NOx is a byproduct of the combustion process. Ethos F.R. reduces NOx by increasing the effectivness of the combustion process. This is shown in the news cast of Fox News and NBC News which are on page two of the website. Http://www.4earth.com/reducefuelcost.

          Russell D.

          wrote:

          >Hi Rudy,
          >
          > To test Ethos F.R. with an engine that runs an electric motor, use the same test as I suggested, only make the benchmark on an hour per gallon basis. You should see an increase in the time the engine runs.
          >
          > Pollution is the unburned fuel comming out of the exhaust pipe plus heat.

          Is it? What about byproducts of the combustion process? NOx?

          >If your run time increases then your polution decreases. Depending on the age of your engine, it may take approx. two tank fulls before you see positive results. I recomend you use two oz./gallon of fuel the first time then 1 oz./gal. thereafter. Also put 1oz./quart of oil when you change the oil.
          >
          > Ethos F.R. is going to clean the inside of your engine.
          >
          > Russell D.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Want to help the Environment?
          Want toReduce Exhaust Emmissions and save $$$ on gas ?
          Watch Fox News and NBC test Ethos FR: reducefuelcost
          For more information go to: www.4planetearth.net/reducefuelcost

        • Cor van de Water
          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 2, 2007
            The domain 4earth.com has been for sale since 2003,
            according to what I see in Archive.org.
            Did you mean to point us somewhere else?
            Cor.

            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 2, 2007
              Hi Cor van de Water,

              Yes, my appologies to you and the group. The correct website is
              http://www.4planetearth.com/reducefuelcost

              Russell D.

              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 3, 2007
                From this web site:

                _http://iconenterprises.com/ethos-4-e-corp_
                (http://iconenterprises.com/ethos-4-e-corp)

                Ethos Fuel Re-formulator
                Our Current Recommendation:

                Why?
                It Doesn't Work!
                Research here is very thorough and believable and suggests that the product
                is questionable--
                _http://www.fuelsaving.info/ethos.htm_ (http://www.fuelsaving.info/ethos.htm)

                And, the following testing shows the product improves emissions in gassers,
                but definitely did not improve fuel economy with either diesel or gas:
                Call 3 Puts Product To The Test

                _http://www.kcra.com/call3/9247909/detail.html_
                (http://www.kcra.com/call3/9247909/detail.html)

                Excerpt:
                The makers said the product is natural and nontoxic. "Ethos is a
                mineral-based product, which means you can drink it," Strohdach said.

                Call 3 decided to test the product with the help of the independent
                Automovtive Training Schools in Sacramento. Three vehicles of varying ages were used
                -- a 2005 diesel Ford Excursion, a 1995 Jeep Wrangler and a 1992 Honda
                Prelude.Using untreated gas, the vehicles were put on a dyno and clocked for
                mileage. Smog tests were also done on the nondiesel vehicles. Both passed, but
                barely."Both cars have their problems," said Don Buckey, of Automotive Training
                Schools.

                After the baseline test, they filled up the tanks and added Ethos FR, then
                ran the tanks dry -- which is part of the clean-out process.

                Fresh gasoline was used to perform the second test. A fuel-Ethos mixture was
                put into all three vehicles and the mileage tests were run again. The Ford's
                mileage was unchanged. The Jeep's was three miles per gallon less with
                Ethos, and the Honda was unchanged .

                But the independent testers said they were more interested in emissions. The
                Jeep was smogged again."You see a small decrease in all the gases," Buckey
                said. The results were more dramatic when the Honda was retested. The gas that
                measured 1,011 the first time around dropped to 189. "I'm really impressed
                with this," Buckey said.
                -------------------------
                I think I've beat this one long enough. I got the information above by
                searching in google (very poor results, 99% propaganda) and searching in
                _www.tdiclub.com_ (http://www.tdiclub.com) (excellent results-- input <ethos>).
                My searches turned up an interesting report on tests of various diesel
                additives for lubricity improvement. The best score was obtained by 2% biodiesel
                in the fuel, far outperforming any commercial additive.
                Ernie Rogers

              • Russell Ben Davis
                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Hi Arcologic,

                  Thanks for your repy.

                  There seems to be a continueing conflict between scienctific testing and real world results.
                  I checked the websites that were still up and found the only real creditable site was the TDICLUB. I could not find any info on the so called professional engineer from the other website, other than a copy of the bylaws from the UK Certifed Engineers. He did make many acusations but could only back them up with his opinions, not documented proof.

                  He did make one important observation in his discourse, that is operation in the real world cannot be equated to scientific testing because of the many unknown variables.

                  I know that Ethos F.R. works for me in my car and in my daughters van. I can speculate that it works for Bavarian Motors and for Allied Waist or they would not be spending their money to buy it.

                  Russell D.

                  From this web site: