5394Batteries

    Oct 6, 2005
      As daunting as the world energy situation is, there are numerous ways to address it and
      new methods are popping up each day. One reason for focusing on the transportation
      sector is the fact that this sector is currently almost completely dependent upon
      non-renewable energy sources.

      Biofuels will be one important part of the solution. But using electricity for world
      transportation will be the ultimate answer. Even biofuels will be much more practical
      and efficient when used in an electric drive vehicle. For pure electric vehicles and
      hybrid electric vehicles and plug electric hybrid vehicles, the key to success is the
      battery. Some may disagree with this and some may see this as blatantly obvious.

      If agreement can be reached that the battery is key to the success the future
      transportation, doesn't it make sense that the battery should be our primary focus?
      Although there are many who understand the importance of the battery, there is a general
      lack of understanding by the average citizen. I don't know how to go about correcting
      this lack of understanding, but it would be good to discuss the importance of doing so.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic