2856Motley Fool Article On Profitability In The Hybrid Battery Business

  • murdoch_1998
    Nov 1, 2004
      Apparently there was a big deal article in the Wall Street Journal a
      couple of weeks ago that praised ECD as an investment and tried to
      make the case for them.

      I was able to read this analysis on the Motley Fool, which gives one
      person's view, and includes some discussion of other hybrid-battery-
      manufacturers and the prospects for them (Sanyo, Matsushita):

      http://www.fool.com/news/mft/2004/mft04101908.htm?
      source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y&bounce=y&bounce2=y

      Then ECD came out with these clarifications on the legality issues:

      http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041014/deth049_1.html

      I wouldn't bother with this, but basically while the world waits for
      BHEVs and BEVs and what-not, the oil lawyers, and other lawyers,
      have been fiddling and negotiating, so I retain the right to be
      skeptical of the pace of things here.