1860Re: [evworld] SAAAAAY WHAT ???? New file uploaded to evworld

    Mar 1, 2004
      This has happened before, though rarely. I don't feel like putting a
      restriction on this group, that I have to approve of very new
      applicant to join it. That would make dramatically more work for me.

      So: people can join this group with ease and once in awhile a spammer
      does so. The file you reference had already been removed and the
      spammer banned when you posted your response. Those who view the
      group by email though will still see the file posted notice.

      This sort of thing is going to happen again, once in awhile, maybe
      even if I go through a group-joining-approval process. It's 2004 and
      that's how some people behave on the net. There's nothing I or anyone
      else can do about it, perhaps save for some dramatically different
      group structure that would I think be ultimately more expensive (in
      time) to maintain.

      MM