13725Re: [future-fuels-and-vehicles] Is it harder than advertised to rent PHEVs around the US and the world?

  • MarketMole
    Jul 19, 2013
      A thought came to mind reading your post: do car rental companies make
      deals with car manufacturers to promote certain makes and models? Does
      driving a rental vehicle influence the eventual purchase of a vehicle?
      Would car mfg companies have influence over rental companies and what they
      offer? All questions that may have an impact on your query.

      I did a quick search around Portland PDX for renting an EV or Hybrid of any
      kind, something I would have thought would be a natural in this area.
      Couldn't find a one. This is like Prius central up here, but not for
      rentals it seems. I'll have to search a bit harder to see just how absent
      EVs really are in the rental space up here.

      MM