      From: murdoch <murdoch@...>
      Subject: Re: [future-fuels-and-vehicles] ok, finally
      To: future-fuels-and-vehicles@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 5:32 PM

      Thanks, I am into this.

      I feel a bit off that I didn't jump at the chance for an
      only-slight-more-expensive Volt lease when they had them this past
      summer, but it took me awhile to get comfortable with the whole
      leasing thing. I've generally driven high-mileage cars that cost me
      very little to own, and have avoided financing and leasing.

      For my goals now, I was trying to avoid falling on my sword and paying
      what I thought of as too much money for a new or only moderately used
      car. With Nissan and Chevy and Mitsubishi bringing their lease deals
      down, I realized finally it was something I could live with. By going
      with the Nissan instead of the Volt, there is a big financial
      negatives which is that I will have to retain ownership of my small
      Ford ICV for longer trips, but I think the lease price I finally got
      from a local Nissan dealer was finally at the point where I could say
      that even if I end up having some partial regrets, it's something I
      can live with and will probably be happy with.

      I live in Arizona (albeit an area at 3500 ft above sea leavel somewhat
      higher and cooler than Phoenix), and in general there is a problem
      with the Leaf and range degradation in the extreme heat of places like
      Phoenix. I may live to regret these words, but .... I can't spend my
      life worrying about everything forever. I'm getting this vehicle for
      things like round-trips between 5 and 40 miles, including a bit of 75
      mph highway here and there, so I think hopefully I'll be ok for 3.25
      years and it will be good for my health and outlook to wear an EV
      smile.

      :-)

      I've really wanted to just stop using oil, especially since the first
      gulf war, and I've loved the test-rides I've had in EVs. Many people
      including Paul Scott and Doug have been very helpful in that regard.

      Also, I'm particularly sensitive to noise and have always just loved
      the reduced NVH of an EV (and I think this is a hidden selling point
      that should be more widely marketed, if it isn't already).

      Ok, I guess I'm just rambling in my excitement.

      [Default] On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 15:57:25 -0500, Eric Penne