File - 9Z does 140 CCPM no problem

  • futabaowners@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1, 2003
      Can a 9Z do 140 CCPM? Absolutely! Despite some hype from a different manufacturer, the 9Z does 140 CCPM helicopters without any difficulty.

      All 9Z family radios have always been able to support 140 degree CCPM by simply using either SR3 or SN3, depending upon heli setup type and a little creative mixing.

      Per World Renowned Helicopter Pilot Dwight Shilling:
      (INDENT AND ITALICS) In order to accomodate a 140 CCPM setup with the 9Z requires the use of one program mix.

      The program mix that is necessary is elevator as Master to pitch as Slave.
      With my Caliber it requires -35% down linear mix and -33 up linear mix. The
      only other change is in the SWH menu you will need to increase the elevator
      throw to approximately 70 to give the same control input as the standard 120
      CCPM using 50. With these changes the Futaba will fly 140 CCPM perfectly.
      That is what I flew at the NATS. Using the 140 CCPM gives a more solid feel
      to the elevator inputs but makes no difference anywhere else.

      Sincerely,
      Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
    • futabaowners@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 2, 2004
                            Hi,
                            I'm setting up my Ergo 60 Sport for 120 degree CCPM.
                            The Super 8 has a swashplate setup SR3 which puts the
                            elevator input on the aft side of the main mast.
                            However, the arrangement I need to use puts the
                            elevator input on the forward side of the main mast.
                            In effect, the input is "reversed". Can I use this
                            setup by changing the servo direction or do I have to
                            do some fancy programming to make this work?

                            Another question I have is when the radio is set up
                            for SR3, the HH gyro acts as if it is in HH mode with
                            the Idle Up switch in normal position. Previously,
                            with my old 3 servo separate input setup, I had HH set
                            to engage in Idleup 1. The gyro is an Arcamax PI with
                            a JR 2700G servo. How can I get the gyro to work as
                            in my previous setup?
                            TIA,
                            Mike Denest

                            http://search.yahoo.com
                          • cherrybank
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 3, 2004
                              Mike,

                              I had a FF8U so hope this is accurate
                              a) YES, just reverse the elevator. You can sort this out via the SWH
                              facility (or whatever the menu item is) where you set the throws of
                              the CCPM setup and hence direction.

                              b) Which way are you setting up the gyro gain - channel 5 ATVs or the
                              advanced gain function? Let me know that, and what settings you've
                              got then I can help further. I always used the gyro/gain function and
                              assigned to switch E so you can have a different gain in each mode.
                              The settings then dictate whether you're in HH mode (eg 0<->50) or
                              normal mode (50<->100), or vice versa

                              David

                              --- In futabaowners@yahoogroups.com, Michael Denest <mjd12k@y...>