RE: Fusebox error - help required

  • Muhammad Amir
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013

      Hi guys,

      Im fresh, I just started fusebox im flowing documentation Im on step 2 but my bad luck I started getting errors

      circuit.xml.cfm

      :

      <circuit access="public">

           <fuseaction name="Welcome">

               <include template="dsp_welcome.cfm" />

           </fuseaction>

         <fuseaction name="DisplayName">

                <include template="dsp_yourname.cfm" />

         </fuseaction>

      </circuit>

      fusebox.xml

      :

      <circuits>

           <circuit alias="Main" path="" parent="" />

       </circuits>

      dsp_welcome.cfm:

      <form action="index.cfm?fuseaction=DisplayName" method="post">

            <input type="text" name="name">

           <input type="Submit" value="submit">

       </form>

      dsp_yourname.cfm:

      <cfoutput>Hello my name is: #Form.Name#.</cfoutput>

      Error:

      This is the template "errortemplates\fusebox.malformedFuseaction.cfm"

      An Error of type "fusebox.malformedFuseaction" has occured

      malformed Fuseaction

      You specified a malformed Fuseaction of DisplayName. A fully qualified Fuseaction must be in the form [Circuit].[Fuseaction].

      I have no idea what does this error means please help  me guys.

      Thanks

      M.A

    • Matt Gersting
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
        I'm going to guess that the problem is in your URL query string.  I'm betting that you've got (among other things, possibly):

        ?fuseaction=DisplayName

        Here you're just provided the fuseaction (fuse) but not providing the circuit the fuse lives in. So, identify the circuit name you actually want to address (should be set up in fusebox.xml.cfm) and add that to query string parameter like so:

        ?fuseaction={circuitName}.displayName

        Where, of course, you're replacing {circuitName} with the actual name of your circuit, i.e.

        ?fuseaction=sampleCircuit.displayName