Re: [fusebox5] Using CFCs

  • Jamie Jackson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2012
      Thanks, Nathan, that helps.

      Also, it turns out that I may not have migrated from 4 to 5 properly, so I'll ask that question in another thread.

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Nathan Strutz <strutz@...> wrote:

      There's the <invoke> tag, but honestly, the easiest way is to just use <set value="#application.myobject.method()#" />

      You can see how the tags work on my xml cheat sheet.

      nathan strutz
      [www.dopefly.com] [hi.im/nathanstrutz] [about.me/nathanstrutz]

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM, jamjaxn <jamiejaxon@...> wrote:
      Hi Folks,

      I inherited a FB4 app, which I've upgraded to FB5. (It's been a long time since I worked with FB.) I need to incorporate some CFCs, but I'm having a hard time finding documentation on it. (It's a hard thing to search for, it seems.)

      For now, I'd like to just use them here and there, and not go the no-XML circuit route. Therefore, I'd just like to know how to invoke component methods from a circuit.

      I've already hacked the component instances into the application scope, so for now, we can skip any parts about instantiation.

      Can you point me to (existent) docs, or just show me an example of how to invoke methods from a circuit?

      Hugs and kisses,

      Jamie

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional