Re: [fusebox5] Lexicons with custom attributes

  • Peter Boughton
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21 7:33 PM
      Well that specific block just says "grab any attributes that use a namespace".

      It means you could have a plugin that allows you to specify security
      rights as attributes, e.g.

      <circuit security:access="admin,mod" security:noaccess="user.login" >

      Then the security plugin would say "give me all attributes prefixed
      'security'" - so it helps to avoid getting mixed up with other plugins
      that might otherwise have similar attribute names.

      With regards to lexicons, it's harder to work out where it'd be
      useful, but here's a contrived example.

      Let's say you want to output the circuit name and fuseaction name in
      your HTML page, but since these are often abbreviated/simplified
      terms, you might want to provide a more friendly way of labelling
      them, by setting an attribute on each item that doesn't already have a
      suitable name.

      You could use this functionality for that, like so:

      https://gist.github.com/b53044f37f069effaa21

      Does that make sense?

      As I said, I see this more as plugin functionality than something
      you'd use in a lexicon, but maybe there are people using it for
      lexicon stuff out there.
    • Peter Boughton
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21 7:49 PM
        Oh sorry, I wasn't paying full attention before - that bit is
        specifically the <fusebox> tag in fusebox.xml

        Erm... yeah... I can't think up any scenario for it. I now see why
        you're confused. :)

        I guess you could say it should be there for the sake of consistency,
        since it doesn't really have any downsides, and maybe there are some
        imaginative uses out there.
      • John Blayter
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21 9:47 PM
          The only reason I can see the need for it is some kind of constructor for a lexicon. Oh well, I will make sure to support it in the refactoring I am doing to the fusebox.cfc ... I think I am just going to pass any extra arguments over to the building of the lexicon.

          John Blayter
          Land line: 303.731.3009
          Mobile: 303.325.1979
          http://www.blayter.com/john/