Setting up a Fusebox site on GoDaddy

  • Mike Soultanian
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 5, 2010
      Hi,
      I was wondering if there's anyone else that's using FuseBox5 on
      GoDaddy's shared host. I just got an account to test things out and I'm
      trying to figure out how I need to set everything up. Normally on my
      current server I have the following setup:

      approot
      coreroot
      htdocs

      I believe this is the recommended setup to have approot and coreroot out
      of the web accessible folder. I then have the web server set up to use
      htdocs as the web root.

      Is this possible on a service such as godaddy that just gives you a web
      folder, or is it something I need to request? Unfortunately our campus
      is not going to support CF anymore so I that's why I need to get this
      working. I figured I'd ask here in hopes that someone else might have
      dealt with this same issue before.

      Thanks!
      Mike
    • Bill Coughlin
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 20, 2010
        Mike I have flavio garica from brazil here for two more days coffee early tomorrow?
        Flavio did influx

        bill Coughlin

        Skype me

        Sent from my iPad

        On Aug 20, 2010, at 11:11 AM, Mike Ritchie <starkraving2002@...> wrote:

        Hi Jeffrey,

        I think if _model isn't directly inside the webroot, you're correct that you're going to have to add a CF mapping in administrator.

        HTH

        Mike
        www.fusebuilder.net

        On 10-08-20 11:03 AM, Jeffrey Roberson wrote:

        I have never really understood how to get this to work.

        I have a cfc say settings in /_model/shared/settings.cfc .

        In fusebox.xml.cfm :

        <class alias="settings" type="component" classpath="_model.shared.settings" constructor="init" />

        In the debug it shows and doesn't throw an error:

        CFC[ /Applications/ColdFusion9/wwwroot/cfbuilder/myfolder/fusebox5/fuseboxClassDefinition.cfc
        | init(component, _model.shared.settings, init, [complex value]) ] from /Applications/ColdFusion9/wwwroot/cfbuilder/myfolder/fusebox5/fuseboxClassDefinition.cfc

        If I am in a circuit.xml.cfm I can't call anything in settings it says it doesn't exist.

        Do I have to create mappings to use this?

        Anyone have a better example.  It seems like I have it setup correctly.

        Thanks,

        Jeff Roberson