Manage Java / JVM Settings CF9 Administrator?

  • Mike Ritchie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2010
      Hi Guys,

      Sorry if this is off-topic for a Fusebox group, but I'm having trouble
      migrating my FB5 app over to a new upgraded server. We're also upgrading
      from CF7 to CF9. I had used the JVM management screen in CF7 to specify
      a custom class path for my own JARs. Now I'm going through all the admin
      screens in CF9 and I can't find one for JVM.

      How do I set my own custom class path in CF9? Barring that, what
      existing folder can I put my custom java classes for them to be 'found'
      by CF for use with cfobject?

      TIA

      Mike
    • Derek Lin
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2010
        At least two ways to add your jar:

        1. in CF Admin, Java and JVM, in ColdFusion Class Path box, add your jar there, like: [yourPath]\[yourJar].jar
        2. Put your jar in C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib

        You need to restart CF

        To: fusebox5@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2010
          Hi Derek,

          Sorry, I don't have a 'Java and JVM' section in CF Admin. I also tried
          putting my jar files in the path below (or my variant of it anyways),
          and restarted CF, but still no luck.

          I should mention that this is the 64-bit version of CF and CF might be a
          server running on top of JRun, I don't know if that makes any difference
          or not. In my server's /opt folder there are folders for coldfusion9 and
          jrun4. When I first restarted CF using '/opt/coldfusion9/bin/coldfusion
          restart' it said that ColdFusion didn't appear to be running.

          Thanks!

          Mike

          Derek Lin wrote:

          > At least two ways to add your jar:
          >
          > 1. in CF Admin, Java and JVM, in ColdFusion Class Path box, add your
          > jar there, like: [yourPath]\[yourJar].jar
          > 2. Put your jar in C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib
          >
          > You need to restart CF

          > To: fusebox5@yahoogroups.com
          > From: starkraving2002@...
          > Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:12:30 -0700
          > Subject: [fusebox5] Manage Java / JVM Settings CF9 Administrator?
          >

          > Hi Guys,
          >
          > Sorry if this is off-topic for a Fusebox group, but I'm having trouble
          > migrating my FB5 app over to a new upgraded server. We're also upgrading
          > from CF7 to CF9. I had used the JVM management screen in CF7 to specify
          > a custom class path for my own JARs. Now I'm going through all the admin
          > screens in CF9 and I can't find one for JVM.
          >
          > How do I set my own custom class path in CF9? Barring that, what
          > existing folder can I put my custom java classes for them to be 'found'
          > by CF for use with cfobject?
          >
          > TIA
          >
          > Mike

          > The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars
          > with Hotmail. Get busy.
          > <http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5>

        • rex
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2010
            The "Java and JVM" will show up only on a Standard Installation (if your
            CF installation is at C:\ColdFusion9 instead of C:\Jrun4)

            I'm betting you installed via EAR/WAR or Multi-Server?

            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2010
              Yah, I didn't install it, it's a managed server. We commissioned them to
              install CF9 and they said it had to be done this way. Everything seems
              to be working, I just need to figure out how to add these two JAR files
              into CF.

              Would it be okay to contact you off-list (like maybe phone or IM) to get
              your help finishing the setup? From what I can tell it's pretty much the
              only thing that isn't set up yet, and we're trying to get the new server
              "turned on".

              Thanks for everyone's help!

              Mike

              rex wrote:
              > The "Java and JVM" will show up only on a Standard Installation (if your
              > CF installation is at C:\ColdFusion9 instead of C:\Jrun4)
              >
              > I'm betting you installed via EAR/WAR or Multi-Server?
              >
              > Mike Ritchie wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Derek,
              >>
              >> Sorry, I don't have a 'Java and JVM' section in CF Admin. I also tried

            • Adam Haskell
              Message 6 of 6 , May 13, 2010
                WEB-INF/lib is the proper place to put the jars. you can also look for WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/ and place them in there.

                Adam

                rex wrote:
                > The "Java and JVM" will show up only on a Standard Installation (if your
                > CF installation is at C:\ColdFusion9 instead of C:\Jrun4)
                >
                > I'm betting you installed via EAR/WAR or Multi-Server?
                >
                > Mike Ritchie wrote:
                >
                >> Hi Derek,
                >>
                >> Sorry, I don't have a 'Java and JVM' section in CF Admin. I also tried

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)