Re: [fusebox5] Re: variable questions

  • Mike Soultanian
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2009
      Sean Corfield wrote:
      > Discovering CFCs is completely out of date and all the code uses THIS
      > scope because there was no VARIABLES scope when that book was written.
      > You *may* get some benefits from the OO stuff in the book but be very
      > wary of the code...

      Honestly, I'm really more interested in design patterns relating to web
      application with an emphasis on CFCs (and their limitations). Do you
      have any good books or resources that you'd recommend?

      thanks!
      Mike
    • Kevin Pepperman
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2009
        Though these are not CFML books. they covers the same issues.
        The Java patterns they cover apply to CF dev as well as any OOP language.
        They were suggested in CFCDEV a while ago.
        These books helped me a lot.

        Head First Design Patterns     << this book was the most useful to me

        Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design

        --
        "anything you say can/will be used against you--
        --nothing you say can/will be used to help you."

      • Seth Johnson
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 1, 2009

          And check with your CF User group for a discount code on O'Reilly books, Boston CFUG offers 35% off ; )

          Seth