Re: Fusebox Updates

  • Ryan Heldt
    Message 1 of 65 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hey Adam-

      Thanks for all your work and willingness to step up to the challenge!
      You're right, Sean did an amazing Job with FB, and I'm pleased to hear
      all the new ideas you have for the next version. However, in my
      opinion, one of the best new features that FB needs is documentation.
      Of course, not to belittle the work you and Sean and done, but you
      look at frameworks like Coldbox, their docs are amazing. Fusebox needs
      help. With that said, I had tried to step forward a few times and
      offer to help, however I never get any kind of response. Anyway, the
      offer is still on the table. Keep up the good work and I look forward
      to see what you're cooking up!

      Thanks!
      Ryan
    • houston_blue_texas
      Message 65 of 65 , Nov 28, 2008
        Sweet! I'll be sad if release-notes for next version of FB don't
        include "Hitch Hikers Guide-inspired" next to certain items. ;-)

        --- In fusebox5@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Haskell" <a.haskell@...> wrote:

        > Correct this is not implemented, or at least I did not intentionally
        do that
        > ;)
        >
        > I could look at this beginning of next year. I guess I should have
        posted
        > this but I am on a coding freeze until January. I've been
        concentrating on
        > ready some good books, non technical, to get my thoughts all clear
        before
        > diving into Fusebox, and other projects, again. Right now I am
        reading Hitch
        > Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series of novels if anyone is interested :) .
        >

        > Adam
        >

        > On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Daniel Kim <danielskim@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I was glad to read about the change to allow for circuits to be
        named
        > > [alias].xml.cfm.
        > >
        > > After trying to implement it, am I wrong in finding that it doesn't
        > > work with "allowImplicitCircuits" and not explicitly defining the
        > > circuits in the fusebox.xml.cfm file? If not, is this on the roadmap
        > > to implement?
        > >
        > > Basically, I have:
        > >
        > > /controller/alias1.xml.cfm
        > > /controller/alias2.xml.cfm
        > >
        > > <parameter name="allowImplicitCircuits" value="true" />
        > >
        > > and alias1 and alias2 are not defined as circuits in the
        > > fusebox.xml.cfm file
        > >

        > > --- In fusebox5@yahoogroups.com <fusebox5%40yahoogroups.com>, Adam
        Haskell