Re: Fusebox Updates

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 65 , Sep 19, 2008
      --- In fusebox5@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Haskell" <a.haskell@...> wrote:

      > The second feature that I added was something I really wanted to
      see, and I
      > wanted it at Kroger. Fusebox now supports defining No XML circuits in
      > fusebox.xml. What this means is you do not have to rely on Fusebox's
      > location conventions to leverage No XML circuits. In Kroger our
      application
      > layout does not match the conventions that Fusebox wanted to impose.
      I had a
      > long discussion with some friends and colleagues about changing Kroger's
      > application layout vs adding some functionality to Fusebox. In the end I
      > felt it was a feature that would give Fusebox users a nice mesh between
      > configuration and convention.

      So, if I understand correctly,
      <circuit alias="member" path="_Controller/member/"/>

      ... will now work with circuit.xml, circuit.xml.cfm, member.xml,
      member.xml.cfm, and also member.cfc? In that order I'm assuming? If so
      then I'm totally on board with your new update. I think it's going to
      be a very powerful and freeing approach. I'm guessing though, that any
      circuit that is declared in fusebox.xml will still become a
      fuseboxImplicitCircuit, even if it's a CFC? And a class method for a
      fuseaction would then become a fuseboxImplicitFuseaction?

      Mike
      www.fusebuilder.net
    • houston_blue_texas
      Message 65 of 65 , Nov 28, 2008
        Sweet! I'll be sad if release-notes for next version of FB don't
        include "Hitch Hikers Guide-inspired" next to certain items. ;-)

        --- In fusebox5@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Haskell" <a.haskell@...> wrote:

        > Correct this is not implemented, or at least I did not intentionally
        do that
        > ;)
        >
        > I could look at this beginning of next year. I guess I should have
        posted
        > this but I am on a coding freeze until January. I've been
        concentrating on
        > ready some good books, non technical, to get my thoughts all clear
        before
        > diving into Fusebox, and other projects, again. Right now I am
        reading Hitch
        > Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series of novels if anyone is interested :) .
        >

        > Adam
        >

        > On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Daniel Kim <danielskim@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I was glad to read about the change to allow for circuits to be
        named
        > > [alias].xml.cfm.
        > >
        > > After trying to implement it, am I wrong in finding that it doesn't
        > > work with "allowImplicitCircuits" and not explicitly defining the
        > > circuits in the fusebox.xml.cfm file? If not, is this on the roadmap
        > > to implement?
        > >
        > > Basically, I have:
        > >
        > > /controller/alias1.xml.cfm
        > > /controller/alias2.xml.cfm
        > >
        > > <parameter name="allowImplicitCircuits" value="true" />
        > >
        > > and alias1 and alias2 are not defined as circuits in the
        > > fusebox.xml.cfm file
        > >

        > > --- In fusebox5@yahoogroups.com <fusebox5%40yahoogroups.com>, Adam
        Haskell