Apache Alias for /fusebox5 vs /fusebox5_php

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 3:34 PM
      If this is a PHP or Apache question and inappropriate for this list,
      please let me know and I'll take this elsewhere.

      I'm setting up a new dev evironment on Windows XP:
      - Apache 2.2
      - PHP 5.2.3
      - Coldfusion 8

      I've got the CF Fusebox going (I'm a CF guy first, PHP second) without
      problems. To make my core files globally available, I've thrown this
      in my httpd.conf:
      Alias /fusebox5 "C:/domains/global/fusebox5"

      Worked like a charm. Then I added this for php:
      Alias /fusebox5_php "C:/domains/global/fusebox5_php"

      This doesn't work. It doesn't work as a ScriptAlias, either. If I
      move the fusebox5_php core files directory into the docroot of my php
      FB site, the site works fine. But when I try to rely on the server
      alias to the core file outside the docroot, I get a blank page with no
      generated markup at all.

      I've tried modifying index.php to include "/fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php"
      instead of "fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php" to no avail. The lack of
      errors here is leaving me few leads. Anyone have any ideas?

      Regards,
      Adam Bellas
    • CF
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2 1:03 AM
        Hi Adam,

        > I've got the CF Fusebox going (I'm a CF guy first, PHP second) without
        > problems. To make my core files globally available, I've thrown this
        > in my httpd.conf:
        > Alias /fusebox5 "C:/domains/global/fusebox5"

        > Worked like a charm.

        When you use cfinclude>, a web server mapping has nothing to do
        with it. Are you sure you don't have a ColdFusion mapping pointing to
        a FB5-dircctory?

        > Then I added this for php:
        > Alias /fusebox5_php "C:/domains/global/fusebox5_php"

        I think you need the equivalent of a CF mapping in PHP. I don't know
        how this is set up though.

        > I've tried modifying index.php to include "/fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php"
        > instead of "fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php" to no avail. The lack of
        > errors here is leaving me few leads. Anyone have any ideas?

        If your CF index.cfm is using "fusebox5/fusebox5.cfm" (without a
        leading slash), then your FB directory must be in the same folder as
        the index.cfm. If there is a leading slash, check for a CF mapping.

        HTH,

        Chris
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4 8:13 AM
          Fusebox 5 for PHP is version 5.0, before mapped paths could be used
          for circuits or your app/coreroot. You can still have your approot and
          coreroot above the webroot, you just need to use relative paths to
          reach them:

          $FUSEBOX_APPLICATION_PATH = "../approot/";
          require_once("../../fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php");

          HTH

          Mike
          http://www.fusebuilder.net

          --- In fusebox5@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <abellas@...> wrote:

          > If this is a PHP or Apache question and inappropriate for this list,
          > please let me know and I'll take this elsewhere.
          >
          > I'm setting up a new dev evironment on Windows XP:
          > - Apache 2.2
          > - PHP 5.2.3
          > - Coldfusion 8
          >

          > I've got the CF Fusebox going (I'm a CF guy first, PHP second) without
          > problems. To make my core files globally available, I've thrown this
          > in my httpd.conf:
          > Alias /fusebox5 "C:/domains/global/fusebox5"
          >
          > Worked like a charm. Then I added this for php:
          > Alias /fusebox5_php "C:/domains/global/fusebox5_php"
          >
          > This doesn't work. It doesn't work as a ScriptAlias, either. If I
          > move the fusebox5_php core files directory into the docroot of my php
          > FB site, the site works fine. But when I try to rely on the server
          > alias to the core file outside the docroot, I get a blank page with no
          > generated markup at all.
          >
          > I've tried modifying index.php to include "/fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php"
          > instead of "fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php" to no avail. The lack of
          > errors here is leaving me few leads. Anyone have any ideas?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Adam Bellas

        • CF
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5 12:11 PM
            Wow... that msg took more than 3 days to arrive... wonder where it has
            been so long....

            Chris

            Sunday, September 2, 2007, 10:03:16 AM, you wrote:

            > Hi Adam,

            >> I've got the CF Fusebox going (I'm a CF guy first, PHP second) without
            >> problems. To make my core files globally available, I've thrown this
            >> in my httpd.conf:
            >> Alias /fusebox5 "C:/domains/global/fusebox5"

            >> Worked like a charm.

            > When you use cfinclude>, a web server mapping has nothing to do
            > with it. Are you sure you don't have a ColdFusion mapping pointing to
            > a FB5-dircctory?

            >> Then I added this for php:
            >> Alias /fusebox5_php "C:/domains/global/fusebox5_php"

            > I think you need the equivalent of a CF mapping in PHP. I don't know
            > how this is set up though.

            >> I've tried modifying index.php to include "/fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php"
            >> instead of "fusebox5_php/fusebox5.php" to no avail. The lack of
            >> errors here is leaving me few leads. Anyone have any ideas?

            > If your CF index.cfm is using "fusebox5/fusebox5.cfm" (without a
            > leading slash), then your FB directory must be in the same folder as
            > the index.cfm. If there is a leading slash, check for a CF mapping.

            > HTH,

            > Chris

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Sean Corfield
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5 1:20 PM
              On Sep 5, 2007, at 12:11 PM, CF wrote:
              > Wow... that msg took more than 3 days to arrive... wonder where it has
              > been so long....

              It got caught in Yahoo!'s spam trap and I was away in Albuquerque so
              it didn't get released until today. Sorry.

              Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

              -- Margaret Atwood
            • CF
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5 3:49 PM
                >> Wow... that msg took more than 3 days to arrive... wonder where it has
                >> been so long....

                > It got caught in Yahoo!'s spam trap and I was away in Albuquerque so
                > it didn't get released until today. Sorry.

                NP. Better released a little late than having mail server problems.
                ;-)

                Chris