Re: sessioninit

  • dickbob57
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 7:51 AM
      OT: I too am surprised that people can dev an app with ever needing
      session scope!

      Are you suggesting that application scoped CFC's shouldn't/don't need
      to be initialised on application start? If not, where?

      I've found <appinit> most helpful in collecting app initialisation
      into Fusebox rather than Application.cfc and I was hoping to do the
      same with session initialisation. To me it makes sense to have Fusebox
      describe the flow of initialisation rather then having to say "now,
      have I set this var/object in Fusebox or Application.cfc????".

      On a more fundamental question, should the framework be constrained by
      people that may find aspects of it to complex? I'm starting to play
      with Reactor and I don't understand it all yet but I'm chipping away
      at it and more and more of its functions are being revealed as my
      knowledge increases.

      I've not played with Mach II so can't comment on how it handles
      integration with Application.cfc but I'd lament the loss of <appinit>.

      dickbob