Parsed file corruption under load

  • ianbuzer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2006
      Hi,

      I've just migrated an app that is under fairly heavy load, from FB4.1
      to FB5, and I'm getting some problems with parsed file corruption.
      This appears to happen when the app is first starting up or if the
      service has to be restarted.

      The fusebox app is in production mode, and is already loaded with a
      set of parsed files generated from the parseall command in our QA
      environment. However, when it starts up, it appears to overwrite one
      or two of the parsed files with corrupt files. If those files are then
      deleted, it rewrites them back into the correct format.

      From what I've seen so far, the corruption seems to be centred around
      <if> clauses in a fuseaction. For example:

      <if condition="NOT isDefined('someVariable')">
      <true>
      <include template="act_somefuse.cfm"/>
      </true>
      </if>

      In some cases it doesn't write the closing </cfif> tag. In other
      cases, it has replaced the closing </cfif> tag with two additional
      include blocks for act_somefuse.cfm

      I'm in the process of delving in to the core files to try and see what
      might cause this, but it's a lot to take in.

      I wonder if anyone (Sean :) might have some insight?

      Thanks
      Ian
    • dickbob
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2006
        I'm getting a "Exception message: Element FUSEBOX.ERRORTEMPLATESPATH is
        undefined in APPLICATION." error.

        Now I've worked out that my error is a missing fuseaction which is fine but
        what have I mis-configured to lose the error templates path?

        dickbob
      • John Beynon

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2006
            It was a mis-named fuseaction which caused the original error and was simply
            fixed.

            It seems like Fusebox had a prob finding the
            "fusebox.undefinedFuseaction.cfm" error template to be able to tell me in a
            controlled way. I do have the "errortemplates" directory in my webroot
            folder.

            The exception errocode list is...

            Line 2:
            /www/domain.com/www/errortemplates/genericErrorMessage.cfm
            Line 1:
            /www/domain.com/www/errortemplates/fusebox.undefinedFuseaction.cfm
            Line 522:
            /www/domain.com/fusebox500/fuseboxApplication.cfc
            Line 228:
            /www/domain.com/fusebox500/fusebox5.cfm
            Line 5:
            /www/domain.com/www/index.cfm

            I have a mapping (fusebox500) to my Fusebox core files.

            dickbob

            > From: John Beynon <john.beynon@...>
            > Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:53:18 +0100
            > To: <fusebox5@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [fusebox5] Error Templates
            >
            > doesn't sound like a missing fuseaction to me....did you try reinitialising
            > your app? Looking through the core files it doesn't look like it's a
            > parameter you can change anyhow,
            >
            > jb
            >

            > On 10/18/06, dickbob <dickbob@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I'm getting a "Exception message: Element FUSEBOX.ERRORTEMPLATESPATH is
            >> undefined in APPLICATION." error.
            >>
            >> Now I've worked out that my error is a missing fuseaction which is fine
            >> but
            >> what have I mis-configured to lose the error templates path?
            >>
            >> dickbob

          • dickbob
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 18, 2006
              Having re-read my own posting I've now tracked down the issue. It seems like
              I was using an old copy of the the errortemplates directory. The file
              genericErrorMessage.cfm had "application.errortemplatesPath" instead of
              "application[FUSEBOX_APPLICATION_KEY].errortemplatesPath" in line 2.

              Problem solved!

              dickbob