[furt-l] Verdi REquiem par Furtwangler

  • Martin Richard
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
      http://minilien.com/?cwM4SSO9EE

      Never heard of it? NOt mentionned in official discography of Furt.

      Is is a joke or what?

      Martin
      canada

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
        Yes it was a joke. a stupid joke.

        Alain

        --- Martin Richard <martinr56@...> wrote:

        > http://minilien.com/?cwM4SSO9EE
        >

        > Never heard of it? NOt mentionned in official discography of Furt.
        >
        > Is is a joke or what?
        >
        > Martin
        > canada

      • Eric Kisch
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
          Why stupid? The original was very clever and fooled those who took it too
          seriously without reading carefully and looking at all the information
          given. Of course, we'd all love the real thing, but...

          Nothing like a good spoof. How many of you fell for "Beat the Devil" with
          Humphrey Bogart and Gina Lollabrigida and Robert Morley and Jennifer Jones,
          thinking it was a terrible picture full of every cliche in the book? And
          then suddenly realized - yes, it has every cliche of the genre on
          purpose. I was more than half way through before I cottoned on - but
          rather than blame the stupidity of the picture, I praise the makers for
          their ability to lead me so far astray! We need a good sense of humor to
          survive this mad world we are living in.

          Lightheartedly yours, in all seriousness,

          Eric

          At 03:39 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
          >Yes it was a joke. a stupid joke.

          Eric Kisch
          Musical Passions Productions
          21850 E. Byron Road
          Shaker Heights, OH 44122
          Phone/Fax: 216/295-8535
          Email: eric@...
          Listen to Musical Passions Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
          on WCLV 104.9 FM or on the Internet at www.wclv.com

        • Alan Carrier
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
            And "Beat the Devil" has one of the best movie "bits"
            with Peter Lorre's "What is Time?" speech followed by
            Bumphrey Hogart's retort "It walks, it talks, it
            philosophizes". I love that! Of course the combo of
            Truman Capote (who supposedly had measles?) and John
            Huston (talk about Frick and Frack!) exemplifies the
            tongue-in-cheek flavor of this film (with the script
            being lowered in a basket from Capote's hotel room
            window because he was contagious)!!!

            Still laughing and pulling this DVD out for this
            weekend!

            Alan Carrier

            --- Eric Kisch <kischmir@...> wrote:

            > Why stupid? The original was very clever and fooled
            > those who took it too
            > seriously without reading carefully and looking at
            > all the information
            > given. Of course, we'd all love the real thing,
            > but...
            >
            > Nothing like a good spoof. How many of you fell for
            > "Beat the Devil" with
            > Humphrey Bogart and Gina Lollabrigida and Robert
            > Morley and Jennifer Jones,
            > thinking it was a terrible picture full of every
            > cliche in the book? And
            > then suddenly realized - yes, it has every cliche of
            > the genre on
            > purpose. I was more than half way through before I
            > cottoned on - but
            > rather than blame the stupidity of the picture, I
            > praise the makers for
            > their ability to lead me so far astray! We need a
            > good sense of humor to
            > survive this mad world we are living in.
            >
            > Lightheartedly yours, in all seriousness,
            >
            > Eric
            >
            > At 03:39 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
            > >Yes it was a joke. a stupid joke.
            >
            > Eric Kisch
            > Musical Passions Productions
            > 21850 E. Byron Road
            > Shaker Heights, OH 44122
            > Phone/Fax: 216/295-8535
            > Email: eric@...
            > Listen to Musical Passions Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
            > on WCLV 104.9 FM or on the Internet at www.wclv.com

            > www.thump.org/furtl.html
            > * Archives at: http://www.findmail.com/list/furt-l/

          • Martin Richard
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
              If you find the complete Parsifal by Furtwangler, then I will be very pleased. And it
              will be a marvelous spoof...

              Martin

              --- Eric Kisch <kischmir@...> wrote:

              > Why stupid? The original was very clever and fooled those who took it too
              > seriously without reading carefully and looking at all the information
              > given. Of course, we'd all love the real thing, but...
              >
              > Nothing like a good spoof. How many of you fell for "Beat the Devil" with
              > Humphrey Bogart and Gina Lollabrigida and Robert Morley and Jennifer Jones,
              > thinking it was a terrible picture full of every cliche in the book? And
              > then suddenly realized - yes, it has every cliche of the genre on
              > purpose. I was more than half way through before I cottoned on - but
              > rather than blame the stupidity of the picture, I praise the makers for
              > their ability to lead me so far astray! We need a good sense of humor to
              > survive this mad world we are living in.
              >
              > Lightheartedly yours, in all seriousness,
              >
              > Eric
              >
              > At 03:39 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
              > >Yes it was a joke. a stupid joke.
              >
              > Eric Kisch
              > Musical Passions Productions
              > 21850 E. Byron Road
              > Shaker Heights, OH 44122
              > Phone/Fax: 216/295-8535
              > Email: eric@...
              > Listen to Musical Passions Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
              > on WCLV 104.9 FM or on the Internet at www.wclv.com

            • Lee Schipper
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
                I was the person that identified numerous fakes in the 1970s and had
                them withdrawn from an important japanese catalogue : Schubert 2 an d3,
                1946 (!) Schubert 9th, the infamous "Chris Hoch speaking to you from
                Vienna" Beethoven 5th, and so forth. Not so funny any more!

                >>> martinr56@... 7/8/2005 4:36:52 PM >>>

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
                  What about your Bruckner 8 from BBC?

                  Martin
                  Canada

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
                    In the French Diapason Music Magazine,

                    they suggested a Schubert Lieder CD with Callas signing accompanied by Glenn Gould at the
                    piano.? Lots of people get caught by this joke.....

                    Martin