Re: [furt-l] Fascination microsite; Q on 1944 Bruckner 8th, WF Symphonic Concerto

  • Leland Dobbs
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2005
      The sound on the Tahra is very good ( the Wiener Philharmoniker sounds like
      the Wiener Phil) although it is not quite up to the marvelous Vienna Eroica
      from 1943. I also have a copy of the Bruckner 8th from DG in Japan and
      prefer the sound on the Tahra to that. I have not heard the M&A.

      I actually prefer the 1949 BPO performance to the 1944, although the sound
      is not so good as the Tahra Vienna performance.

      Leland Dobbs

      I too would be interested in list member comments on the transfer quality of