Re: [furt-l] US Public Radio Broadcast on Furtwaengler Oct 18 MORNING

  • Lee Schipper
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2003
      We'll see what the producers have to say about F, through the words of others,
      including myself.

      Eric Kisch wrote:

      > Lee - thanks for your heads up on this important broadcast on NPR. I shall
      > attempt to tune in and will certainly record it from their Website once it
      > is available there. There is a very inexpensive and easy to use little
      > program called Total Recorder which allows you to record streaming audio as
      > a .wav or .mp3 file. These are then easily transferred to CD. You can
      > find this at:
      >
      > www.highcriteria.com
      >
      > I am most curious what the producers make of our Maestro for general
      > consumption in 2003 - and the question they raised to you ("WHy, after
      > almost 50 years since his death, is the music of Furtwaengler still talked
      > about?") is really what it's all about. Let's hope they focus on it.
      >
      > Eric
      >
      > Note: I have no relationship with High Criteria other than as a satisfied
      > customer.

      Lee Schipper, Ph.d.
      Co-Director,EMBARQ
      World Resources Institute
      10 G ST. N.E.
      Washington DC 20002
      fon 1 202 729 7735
      fax 1 202 729 7798
      www.embarq.wri.org

    • Eric Kisch

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2003
          The Furtwaengler program will air at approximately 0940 hours Saturday morning
          on stations in the Eastern US whose"WEekend Edition Satuday" begins at 0800. In
          other words, about 2/3 of the way through the second hour of the program. If
          you are listening live check to see what time the entire show starts in your
          area.

        • Lee Schipper
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2003
            If you listen to NPR tomorrow morning, saturday, you{ll hear me in a
            program about Furtwaengoer, Saturday Weekend Edition.

            Lee Schipper
            Co Director, EMBARQ
            World Resources Institute
            10 "G" St NE, Washington DC 20002