[furt-l] Aura -music

  • martin richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2003
      DEar cd collectors,

      Is the Aura label have great remastering of Furtwangler? I just bought the LUgano
      Beethoven 6th of 1954 on Aura music Aura 133-2. and I doubt that it is really from
      Furtwangler when I am listening to it? Can somebody confirm or infirm my opinion?

      MArtin

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2003
        In a message dated 7/17/2003 12:53:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, martinr56@... writes:

        > DEar cd collectors,
        >
        > Is the Aura label have great remastering of Furtwangler? I just bought the LUgano
        > Beethoven 6th of 1954 on Aura music Aura 133-2. and I doubt that it is really from
        > Furtwangler when I am listening to it? Can somebody
        > confirm or infirm my opinion?

        The Aura mastering must be the same one that appeared previously on Ermitage. This CD transfer is very bright in the treble, quite unlike the darker-sounding Cetra LPs of this concert (the performance is indeed the same as the Cetra set). I found the Ermitage/Aura lacking in weight. An ideal mastering of this tape would have both extended highs and the famous Furtwangler bass foundation.

        Mark
      • martin richard
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2003
          DEar Mark,

          The aura remastering have effectively lacks of bass and treble. And it is a strange
          remastering.

          I will search for the French WF Society remastering?

          MArtin

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2003
            In a message dated 7/17/2003 1:59:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, martinr56@... writes:

            > I will search for the French WF Society remastering?
            >
            > MArtin

            I have not heard this SWF issue. Perhaps I will discuss the possibility of licensing the original with Fred Maroth of Music & Arts.

            Regards,

            Mark
          • Philippe Leduc
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2003
              >DEar Mark,
              >
              >The aura remastering have effectively lacks of bass and treble.
              >And it is a strange
              >remastering.
              >
              >I will search for the French WF Society remastering?
              >
              >MArtin

              Dear Martin,

              The SWF did not release this performance - only Mozart's 20th piano
              concerto of the same concert (on LP).

              I confirm that the LP Cetra sounds much better than the Ermitage CD.
              Mark Kluge is perfectly right : without generous bass, Furtwaengler's
              sound is spoiled.

              Philippe Leduc