[furt-l] Furtw Bruckner 8 1954 VPO -- Andante's date must be wrong!!

  • Fred Maroth
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 21, 2003
      FYI, today I had the following exchange with list member Mark Kluge
      about the Br8:

      In a message dated 3/21/2003 11:57:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      maroth@... writes:

      > Just announced by Andante--was this out before in good
      > sound? Fred

      Yes, on Fonit Cetra LP, since on a couple of Japanese CD releases. I
      have a CDR made by a BBC engineer, supposedly taken right off the BBC
      master tape from ORF. I doubt very much that the Andante will improve
      on it. The April 24 date Andante gives is bogus. I have a copy of the
      VPO program for this concert, April 10/11.

      Mark