Re: [furt-l] Furtwangler

  • EskenasyV@rferl.org
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
      Hi,

      The double set Orfeo, Furtw. 1951 is already on the market in Germany, if you
      wish to order it (see Hansa-Saturn chain of shops).

      Best,
      Victor Eskenasy

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
        Does the Hansa-Saturn chain have an Internet site?

        Michael Dervan

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
          Does the Hansa-Saturn chain have an Internet site?
          -----

          I am afraid, no. But have a look at:
          http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063X2J/qid=1018214043/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_1_4/028-8232522-6541344

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
            === The original message was multipart MIME ===
            === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
              What was about the message, Eric?

              === The original message was multipart MIME ===
              === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

            • Samir Golescu
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Eric Kisch wrote:

                > === The original message was multipart MIME ===
                > === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

                Very succinct, Mr Kisch, if one may so!

                regards,
                SG

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                  === The original message was multipart MIME ===
                  === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

                • Michael Wolfson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 10, 2002
                    Hi Eric and everyone,

                    I experienced the problem Eric has too, and do not know what causes it. What
                    I have successfully tried was to take any old message I had from the
                    Furtwängler list and used the "reply to author" option. I then deleted the
                    entire "original message" and every thing else that was there, changed the
                    "Re" to the one I wanted and then wrote my message. For some reason this
                    worked. I have no idea why.

                    Regards and good luck, Michael

                    > === The original message was multipart MIME ===
                    > === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

                  • Eric Kisch
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 10, 2002
                      Well, Michael, this is trying your suggestion. Also, I am making sure I am
                      sending this message as text only - no HTML. Ah the joys of hidden gotchas!

                      My questions re the Orfeo set stem from my dissatisfaction with the
                      existing B4 performance on DG and my hope that a better one exists. Some
                      months ago I had got the Celi B4 and was quite blown away by its lyrical
                      beauty. That and the Wand one made me realize how much WF pulls this music
                      around with lots of stop/start interruptions to the flow. I was left with
                      a feeling of stumbling in the music - and that's not what I had remembered
                      from earlier listenings. I guess when you hear some new revelations in a
                      performance it forces you to reassess old ones. Also, the old Decca Spring
                      symphony is quite bizarre. We're all entitled to some days off. I am
                      hoping that this set can redress some of my concerns.

                      And BTW: I recently got a copy of the "Historic Beethoven Recordings" set
                      from DG via Dedalus Books, and this has some marvellous things on it that
                      I'd not previously heard. WF is represented with a magnificent Coriolan
                      Ove which gives new meaning to drama and tension. It's completely
                      riveting. A set worth investigating if you should run across it at a
                      reasonable price.

                      Keeping fingers crossed that I have appeased the MIME god...

                      Eric

                    • Alan Spaeth
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 12, 2002
                        I post from a Yahoo webmail account as does Mr.
                        Orenstein, but have never had the MIME problem.

                        Thinking there was a configuration setting for plain
                        text vs. HTML, I went digging through the Options
                        menu. Oddly, I don't find any such setting.

                        (I scrupulously avoid sending non-plain text email
                        messages. By "extending" the capabilities of email
                        message "text" to include programming, Microsoft has
                        created a major security problem. Just to think that
                        email viruses used to be impossible hoaxes...)

                        All I found is a plain text vs. HTML radio button for
                        a custom signature. Perhaps Mr. Orenstein has a
                        signature appended to his messages send from Yahoo
                        which is HTML formatted??

                        Regards,
                        Alan Spaeth

                      • Fred Maroth
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 15, 2002
                          I contacted Orenstein (old friend) privately...He says he doesn't know how
                          to un-MIME his communications to the list... His messages to me arrive as
                          HTML text... Can someone using Yahoo help him out? Best, Fred Maroth